Has anyone tried the new JJ EL34 II. Thoughts?

recto-robbie

Hey all, I'm going to be buying some replacement el34's shortly and noticed the new el34 II being offered. I read their description but was wondering if any of you have tried them and would like to know your thoughts. Compared to other el34's, from jj or any other brand for that matter. For me there would be going into a marshall dsl. Thanks all

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Just got a quad for my Plexi the other day. I will get around to putting them in soon and will give a review.

RiftAmps

I just put a set into a DSL50 and they're not my favourite but they do sound great. If you liked the original JJ then you won't be disappointed.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
They sound great. Good crunch and sustain. Think Rush back in the day. Fly By Night.

Amp is set at 33ma. Power from the walls is set at 106 volts. It sounds really good to me. Plenty of articulation and girth but still not too dark.

I can recommend them.

They sound great. Good crunch and sustain. Think Rush back in the day. Fly By Night.

Amp is set at 33ma. Power from the walls is set at 106 volts. It sounds really good to me. Plenty of articulation and girth but still not too dark.

I can recommend them.
Cool, just got a set, but hadn't planned to install them anytime soon

EADGBE

I haven't tried them yet. But I tried the JJ E34L and I didn't like them. I sent them back and got the regular JJ EL34. These are my favorite EL34.