Has anyone tried the Rotary Wave?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eric-d, Sep 30, 2006.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

I was screwing around on eBay and found this. It's a little Leslie (Vibrotone) kit that weighs about 16 lbs. Sounded very cool on the link. Tell me what you think!!!

http://songworks.com/rotarywave.html

[​IMG]

2. eric-d

eric-d Member

3. Craise

Craise Member

devil,
    Yeah, I've been eyeing one of those for a while now...
    I've never played one..but the clips on the website sound good.
    Only thing I can add is I think the guy got really really backed up for a while.
    Maybe that's why he's doing a kit? Hardly ever see them used...
    I like the smaller rotary wave too!
    :)

4. eric-d

eric-d Member

16 lbs isn;t that big, ya know. And to power it with an amp and through an A/B switch - I bet it would be really cool. Especially live, with two mics, one on each side for the stereo thing.

5. SGFan

SGFan Member

I'm kind of curious about this as well. Seems like a decent product. Not sure though how loud it gets.

6. noyank11

noyank11 Supporting Member

I have one,the black tolex version-Excellent sound as part of a multi-speaker setup w/delays etc.50w peak 35w continuous.Really good at low level also..I'm actually having a cab built now so my Little Lanei Rotary wave is for sale.Excellent condition,perfect working order-$275 shipped&Paypal'd

7. ModTourMan

ModTourMan Member

I have one and I love it! It's not exactly like a Leslie (no spinning horn) but close enough! On the plus side, of course, it's much smaller, lighter and cheaper than the real thing! I can get a nice vibrato/Leslie spin on the higher settings but my favorite tone is the slower chorus effect (Univibe-like with the delay added). I use it with an analog delay and it gives me the most beautiful sounds! You have to handle this unit with a bit of care if you gig, but it's plenty fine for home/studio use. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have an ON/Off switch - though you can set one of the two switchable speeds to the lowest setting (no spin) for the same effect.
    I think I will add an ON/Off power switch in front of the Rotary Wave in the future to solve that problem.

8. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I thought about getting one til I got a Leslie 120 (downward-facing 12" with a rotating baffle, no amp, no horn) for $300...

This unit would be a lot easier to carry, though not as loud...

9. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

WhaT does a real Leslie go for?