Has anything surpassed the Line 6 DL4 yet in terms of price, features, and user friendliness?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Black Dog, Oct 8, 2018.

1. J Dog

J Dog Supporting Member

Exactly!;);)
    I HAVE to have it for Rocket Man!

2. J Dog

J Dog Supporting Member

Exactly, and it has a Screen,
    Also, no sweep echo and
    its not as aesthetically whimsical as the DL4

3. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

Ugh

4. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

“Hi, are there exactly clones of this one pedal from the 2000’s that had obvious issues that many companies improved but we like the dopey version. SWEEP ECHO THO”

5. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

I hate 4 button loopers so much

6. Strat

Strat Member

This had me looking for and then found my somewhat broken DL-4. Does anyone still fix/mod them ? Always meant to send mine out but...

7. gavinashun

gavinashun Member

I'm so sorry, ugh that must be hard. Especially because there are SO many 4 button looper/delays out there.

Oh wait, there are almost none.

8. thevelourfog

thevelourfog Member

The alter ego x4 does. It also has dotted eighths, 4 toneprint slots (so you could make a sweep delay) and you can run the looper with a delay, which I don't remember being able to do with the dl4.

9. tangleweird

tangleweird Member

I foolishly had my dl4 repaired by a licensed line 6 repair shop and it went bad less than a year later. Cost almost as much as a new one would’ve. Iirc it needed a new circuit board. Another place in the city took my 40 bux to diagnose it and say it couldn’t be repaired.

10. Tandark

Tandark Member

These guys keeping popping up on my instagram, really good looking jobs.
    https://www.awolpedals.com/line6dl4mods

11. warren3333

warren3333 Supporting Member

I must say, I do fancy one of these... incredibly, having owned virtually every delay, Ive never owned one of these...

Do many of you still use yours then ?

12. EVHindenberg

EVHindenberg Member

Yup

13. warren3333

warren3333 Supporting Member

Look like good value new too...

£177 in UK.

TA22GT likes this.
  14. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Still love my echo park, there was so much they did right with that pedal. Only thing that bugs me is it can be noisy, and the time drift from the tap tempo, it’s not the most accurate algorithm for the tap tempo, it did have dotted eighths on every alto though. The tape voice is hard to beat, my nemesis gets close, but theirs something about that tape that is just awesome.
    nemesis ticks all those boxes except the looper.

Lution and fakeox like this.
  15. ry-guy

ry-guy Member

Seems odd they haven’t updated the product at all since it’s come out. I mean, they at least put a fancy new badge on it. They couldn’t fix the volume drop and switches while they were at it? Even that alone would greatly improve it. I remember when they first came out, such a game changer.

Lution likes this.
  16. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

I had one for a minute. That volume drop did itself in and I returned it, sadly, because it sounded good and I loved that I could twiddle the knobs and send it into oscillating space noises!

Line 6, c’mon mans, update this beast of a pedal!

17. mousepunk

mousepunk Member

M an HX series don't have those delays algorithms from Echopark and DL4? I always loved delays in M series and possibly there is something similar in new HX pedals? I am now considering replacing my JHV3 M5 by the HX Stomp and really hope it has those delays sounding as good if not better.

18. Vic Interceptor

Vic Interceptor Member

I will agree with you, the tap tempo can be tricky and the time knob is touchy. But when you get it where you want it... they really got it right. For me the little annoyances are the tiny writing and the weight of it but I guess it's still lighter than a DL4! I was playing with the EP tonight and what always gets me about it is the layout of controls is REALLY good. I can adjust on the fly anything I want and not have to "think" about it. I leave it on Ducking (which is what the DL4 can not do) all the time so time and level are all I ever need to touch. I even bought a backup echo park in case this one ever gives up.... I can't imagine it will, these things are literally built like a panzer tank!

fakeox likes this.
  19. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

I don’t believe the tape delay from Echo Park has ever been put in any other of their pedals.

Tung-Sol Tube and gibs5000 like this.
  20. wyldesigns

wyldesigns Member

I definately liked the DD20 more..
    But ultimately would love if someone could rehouse 3 Echoparks (hardwired together) with a shared tap button, in one box.

I would even sell my DMM550tt

gibs5000 likes this.