Has Gibson USA ever made a wraptail Les Paul?

Fuzz_Mountain

Like Jeff Beck's old Les Paul.

I can't recall ever seeing one. I know the custom shop has and I'm sure you can get one with their made to measure program but those are a bit rich for my blood. Anybody recall seeing a Gibson USA wraptail Les Paul Standard?

2007-Gibson-Les-Pauol-1954-JB-Oxblood-47102-6-2048x1366.jpg

Mikeo01247

I believe the Les Paul in 1954, 55, and 56 had a wrap around tailpiece.

Jeff Becks Les Paul, the one you see in Blow By Blow is a 1954 Les Paul.

More about the guitar.

cap10kirk

There's the Les Paul CM and the 2014 Les Paul Melody Maker. As well as most Juniors and Specials. None of those are like a 54 Standard though. There was an Epiphone Jeff Beck model if that's what you really want without the custom shop price.
The issue here is the wraparound was short lived on the original carved top Les Pauls. So you almost have to spend the big money for a reissue to get it.

Fuzz_Mountain

There's the Les Paul CM and the 2014 Les Paul Melody Maker. As well as most Juniors and Specials. None of those are like a 54 Standard though. There was an Epiphone Jeff Beck model if that's what you really want without the custom shop price.
The issue here is the wraparound was short lived on the original carved top Les Pauls. So you almost have to spend the big money for a reissue to get it.
I had no idea Epiphone made a JB model. Thanks for the info!

wrenhunter

The Custom Shop Historic '54 reissue has it (and it's an awesome guitar), but as you say, not cheap.

Golem

Silver Supporting Member
I believe the Les Paul in 1954, 55, and 56 had a wrap around tailpiece.

Jeff Becks Les Paul, the one you see in Blow By Blow is a 1954 Les Paul.

More about the guitar.

I had to google it to check. Basically correct, but the ABR-1 started on some Les Paul Customs in 54 if this website is right:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom