• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Has Gorgomyte Gone Off The Market?

Sadhaka

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Gorgomyte is no more?

I have tried to find it online: Stewmac says not available, other string vendors don’t even list it.

I really hope not, it’s the best fret/fretboard cleaner I’ve used...

Any info is appreciated.

Jon Moody

It's currently up in the air, as Jimmy Johnson (who made it himself when he wasn't on the road) passed away recently. I checked recently, and we have no stock in the office, so anyone that's selling it online is going to run out quick.

I have no idea what's going to happen with it, as I am a big fan of it as well.

feet

Gold Supporting Member
Bought the ghs branded one a few months back. Can't compare it to anything else but it worked great. Hope it sticks around.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I only found out via another thread the other day that the owner/inventor had sadly passed away.

His customer service was always fantastic and the Gorgomyte product is absolutely awesome. I hope it doesn't disappear.

Sadhaka

Thanks guys.

It's sad that Jimmy Johnson has passed away. I hope he passed with the knowledge of how many people loved his invention!!! I can't wait to polish my frets with his cloth every time I change strings.

I have used the GHS brand stuff and found it to be the same. That Miracle Cloth is worth a check too. Thanks for the tips.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks guys.

It's sad that Jimmy Johnson has passed away. I hope he passed with the knowledge of how many people loved his invention!!! I can't wait to polish my frets with his cloth every time I change strings.

I have used the GHS brand stuff and found it to be the same. That Miracle Cloth is worth a check too. Thanks for the tips.
His invention? Putting a Miracle Cloth in a different bag and doubling its price? Brilliant!

smithguitars

Silver Supporting Member
Now Miracle Cloth has a Dunlop Mfg. logo on it and StewMac sells it. Miracle cloth is legit, i have used it for years on knives, metals, and frets. I never fell for gorgamyte—too $$. I was getting Miracle Cloth from an online knife store that seemed to target 14 year old weed smokers who likes dragons and skulls. Amazon jaws it in the large sheets for small $$.

Trending Topics