Has there been a song about the Donner Party?

nondeplume

Puppet For Prophet
Platinum Supporting Member
Michael?

;) :)

CpGO0e4XYAArTBI.jpg

kiki_90291

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure there's a Fine Young Cannibals joke in here somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member

The similarities in situation between the Donner Party and the colonial pilgrims is both appalling, frightening and incomplete. In both cases you'll find: One, a fairly large group of ill-prepared greenhorns pitting themselves against nature and each other. Two, An insufficient willingness to endure the very real hardships of frontiering. And three, coincidental misfortune at every turn. Number three, coincidental misfortune at EVERY TURN.

Disasters at both camps were initially brought about by departure delaying a decent inertia, which caused our heroes to begin their journeys at absolutely retarded times weather-wise. If fantasy is the refuge of the frightened man and a castle in the air is a safe-harbor for a foolish few, just imagine living in a hut buried twelve feet below the snow, where the sight and smell of the scattered carcasses of loved ones at your feet is the lay of the land--just another day. I would like to propose that cannibalism was indeed rampant among America's earliest settlers--the Pilgrims. (hmm?) The Pilgrims! For what does "settler" imply, if not the willingness to settle? To settle for a meal of human flesh if my thoughts on the subject are to be believed!

In conclusion, spread the word of this. Look to the night sky and hark back to our forefathers shortcomings--and your own--as you cut your meat and lay the groundwork for a new...tomorrow.

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
When I was in the local library about 15 years ago there was a book of poetry and either it was writtien collection from them or it was someone imagining the scene and writting poetry. It was not a comedy piece.

JeffK

Gold Supporting Member
"I'll take: Questions That Have Probably Never Been Asked for 400, Alex"

Trending Topics

Top Bottom