Hatcher Deluxe Reverb Clones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cantwrite, Apr 28, 2008.

1. cantwrite

cantwrite Member

UPDATED - I found that this is a Hoffman AB763 Board put into a Mojo Cab with the noted tubes and speaker below. I basically want a SFDR, but its been rough...Any Input with this new info?

I haven't seen these really, but I found a Hatcher clone that is similar to the Allen Accomplice in appearance build...it even fits a Deluxe FacePlate. Here are some details. There is no info on this on the Hatcher Website either.

Custom hand-wired Deluxe Reverb Clone built by Hatcher Amps It has a 12 inch Weber Classic Alnico speaker in a Mojo cabinet. Hatcher does one major difference with his Deluxe circuit, He uses the Black Face Vibroverb circuit instead of the opto-isolator tremolo found on the Fender Deluxes. This tremolo pulses the power tube bias voltage up and down and sounds way better than the opto tremolo. The tubes are Tungsol reissues for the 12ax7's and the 12at7 and the power tubes are a matched set of Ruby Tubes with a JJ rectifier tube, these are all less than 2 months old.

Ideally I was looking for an early 70's SFDR, or a used accomplice, but came across this one but couldn't find any info on it. Anybody have any additional info on these amps? Or should I just keep hunting for a SFDR?

Thanks in advance!

2. cantwrite

cantwrite Member

3. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

couldnt for the money you are spending you just get a beater silverface deluxe reverb?

4. topbrent

topbrent Member

Hoffman boards are easy to service, and are very well supported over on Doug Hoffman's site, www.el34world.com

Hatcher also builds some great amps for well known artists.

Of the ab763 clones out there, Doug seems to stay really close to the original circuit, albeit laid out in his fashion. The bias trem is a plus.

5. cantwrite

cantwrite Member

thank you for the info topbrent. I have been researching like crazy and i read good things about the Hoffman boards also. I just had problems finding info on Hatcher outside of his website.

I purchased the amp, for less than I was able to find a SFDR in good condition so I will report back with details on the amp.

Thanks again.