Hats off to ProGuitarshop.com

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BryanMatthews, Mar 21, 2008.

1. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

[​IMG]

We have gotten used to watching this zombie making all he demos sound like it was dragged out of a river, Proguitarshop, for me anyway, is setting the standard with its demos, extensive, detailed and informative......all we need visually and sonically.

Keep up the sterling work fellas, and keep those super demos coming.

Bryan

2. thezeng

thezeng Member

second that, the guy is a bit monotonous, and so is his playing! although he has one of the best jobs you could get :D

3. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to GearWire and lets take a good look inside the box, oh theres a sticker

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bryan

4. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

I love ProGuitarShop's demos, as well. I just wish he'd say what amp he's playing through. Also, when doing OD/distortion/boost pedal demos, why don't people use a clean channel to fully illustrate the amount of OD in a pedal? Kind of bass-ackwards to me.

5. sega

sega Member

I think that we have to use ProGuitarShop carefully since the guitarist plays with clean being OD.
    Wich to me I don't use since I play at home and can't crank my amps to that stage.But I't still nice to hear what a pedal can achive under those circumstance.

Compared to the other person(Gearwire) who usually plays as a beginner.
    Still nice to have, cause he reads the instructions for us, I never do..hi hi hi.

In fact, he's a better reader than player.

I often listen to other as well...

6. anathema

anathema Member

proguitarshop demos are amazing, I'm glad they fixed the sound for their recent demos. The OCD and eternity ones are making me get the shakes like a crackhead without his score for them...

7. DeuceII

DeuceII Supporting Member

I've bought about five pedals from proguitarshop in the past six months. They're right outside of town here in Portland, and carry a lot of really great lines that I can't find elsewhere in town (Catalinbread and MI Audio immediately jump to mind). True, I could just order them online elsewhere but I like the personal experience of going to a shop and walking out with the product, along with some info on other gear. They don't have a regular storefront, just counter service, but they've got about the best return policy on the net (45 days). And twice I've gone in to buy something their website says is out of stock and they come up with one for me. Great guys, really listen to their customers, can't give them enough kudos.

8. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

I love proguitarshop demos online...they never update their own site but always are posting new vids on youtube.com. I've watched just about every vid they have and they have gotten alot better sounding as well with more bottom end to them!!!

9. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

If any of the proguitarshop guys read this thread, I sure would like to see an extensive demonstration of the roland re20 space echo pedal and done using a Les Paul.......and without the oscillating , twisting knobs to get weird eerie sounds waste of time kinda stuff.

Bryan

10. sega

sega Member

Me too, but if it's that good they won't sell their other brands of delay.
    Seriously, go to the Boss website...

11. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I'll be throwing some business ProGuitarShop's way, I like their demos, it's a good service oriented thing to me.

TheGrooveking

12. shahry

shahry Member

+1

Great demos. Really a great service to the guitar playing community.

Most of all for me, they ship overseas. It really means a lot to me because good gear are hard to come by here.

13. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

the stuff on the boss site is pretty ordinary sounding, I think proguitar would cut a demo to do that unit justice. jonny di marco with that perm and fixed grin and gesticulating wildly no matter what he plays is just such a visual turn off for me.

Bryan

14. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I have bought a few pedals because of proguitarshop, awesome instructional videos.

15. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

Really nice guys at the shop. They carry some good stuff that you can't find elsewhere in town.
    I have been enjoying the videos as well. They do a pretty good job of showing the range of the pedals.

16. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

They know what to play. Listen to the retro sonic clips. He plays some Rush. Listen to the Lovepedal Eternity clip for some Aerosmith Rocks stuff. great, great stuff.

17. thezeng

thezeng Member

i dont think they will do boss pedal demos, because they dont sell them! :eek:

18. seajay

seajay Member

Another :AOK to Proguitarshop.com's demos!

19. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! Just wanted you to know that we really appreciate your support. :AOK

Sorry that we have not not updated the video library on our site regularly. We have been focusing our efforts on the videos themselves. We have just hired another employee specifically to address the website content and video library. Check back about mid April. We will have our library up to date, and we will have hundreds of videos organized by effect category. We want to provide you an easy to navigate resource to compare pedals side by side.

Thanks again for all of the support.
    PGS

20. thezeng

thezeng Member

yes thank you for the quasar video! now for the nova delay and rmc wahs..