Have any of you sold or bought pedals/gear off Reverb or Ebay from someone famous?

Fitzer

Supporting Member
I sold a Navajo rug to Sheryl Crow once if that counts. I had to keep my cool because I was actually majorly fangirling (think of a grown man waving hands in face repeating “oh my god”) and wanted to respect her privacy and maintain a level of professionalism

Obsesspool

I had the opportunity to buy Scott Kelly of Neurosis's Sunn Model T, which he apparently used waaay back in the day, from a tech in the South Bay Area. Totally regret not doing everything possible to scrounge up the money for it cause 1.) Neurosis are my favorite band, and 2.) Sunn Model T's are the greatest ****ing amps.

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
Yep. I probably sell a fair amount of stuff to relatively famous people, but they're not known to me. I think the most recent I recognized and can remember off the top of my head would be Gilby Clarke and Alejandro Escovedo.

Madsen

I bought some random crap at Tim Burton's estate sale many years ago. It was the early 00's when he was splitting up with the Vampira lady from Ed Wood. There was a ton of dresses, a giant disco ball, a couple movie props. I picked up a CD player, guitar stands, power strips, & a bin full of cables & adapters.

Vaibhav Joshi

Nels Cline bought an Infinite Jets from me a while back. Mine just happened to be the cheapest one available at the time most likely.
Very cool. I need to listen to him properly.
i sold an Ampeg V-4 amp to the bass player in Portugal The Man, when they were on tour a few years ago.
Listed it on Craigslist and he contacted me. Got free tickets to the show and got to hear the amp live. It was awesome.
Lovely.
I bought Robben Ford's backup ODS.
Whaaaat.. Really?
I'll check your youtube channel again. I had watched some videos but don't remember the ODS. Very cozy room ;)

Vaibhav Joshi

I work with the industry's top professionals, creating ground breaking rigs with the latest technology though still vintage.
Too much in demand & fondly known as the Rig Doctor.
But I'm too modest to spill any beans.

Madsen

Moby had a huge sale on Reverb a couple months ago. Hundreds of items. Pretty reasonably priced too, although some are of it seemed well-used to say the least.
I've noticed a few Nine Inch Nails sales over the years. Usually stuff they abused on the road getting dumped at the end of a tour. If I recall correctly Billy Howerdel got his main A Perfect Circle Les Paul off their reject pile when he was their guitar tech. Wishing I would have snagged something.

JackfromAK

Gold Supporting Member
Several years ago I was looking for a 4x12 cab and I saw one for sale that was used on Cheap Trick Live at Budokan, but it was a bit out of my price range. Also it was beat.

GearPig

Supporting Member
Maaany years ago, before the internet was a big thing, I would browse the ads in Vintage Guitar Magazine looking for guitars. I bought a ‘50s National double-neck table steel from a shop in New Orleans. The guy said that Daniel Lanois would use that one whenever he was in town to record.

Oddly enough, years later, I traded a ‘62 Ampeg Mercury to a local dealer who brought it to a guitar show in Toronto where it was bought by...

Daniel Lanois.

Strumlord

I bought Robben Ford's backup ODS.

Cool,
I would be interested in a Zendrive he once owned, it could have been sprinkled with magic pixie dust.
(I know it would sound probably the same, and my playing wouldn’t benefit fr9m the pedal but to own something he used would be cool)

I’m a huge fan.

Bluesful

Supporting Member
Cool,
I would be interested in a Zendrive he once owned, it could have been sprinkled with magic pixie dust.
(I know it would sound probably the same, and my playing wouldn’t benefit fr9m the pedal but to own something he used would be cool)

I’m a huge fan.
Just for reference, I was joking.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Gold Supporting Member
I sold my soul to the devil down at the crossroads.
It's funny... I went to high school with a guy who was a great guitar player, named Bob Johnson.
He had many of the facial characteristics and the exact player's-face as Eric Johnson.

... no, this was in Oregon, not Texas.

Squatch57

When I was a trader in Sydney I bought and sold a bunch of stuff to bands like INXS and Midnight Oil.
Most recent was a Tight Fuzz I bought from Kevin Borich off ebay heh

sonichronic

Supporting Member
I got this guy.
funny thing. I sold it two years ago and it recently just came back to my in a random trade from half-way around the world.
I have to admit I had to look up who Charlie Sexton was when I first got it.

Trending Topics