Have any of you sold or bought pedals/gear off Reverb or Ebay from someone famous?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by axdxm, Aug 15, 2019.

1. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

came here for same reason (sorry to derail, no story to share)

TakisMasterKey likes this.
  2. jlectka

jlectka Supporting Member

I got Strat pickups from Eric Johnson. It says so right on the box. I also got a strat from Jeff Beck. He even signed the headstock, so I got that going for me.

3. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

I once borrowed a keyboard for over a year from Tom Harris who was the bass player in Frigid Pink. It was 1974 and he had just left the group. I think it was played on their version of House of the Rising Sun. But no, never have bought or sold from anyone famous.

4. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

Sold a, at the time, rare and expensive bass synth pedal to a guy in INXS in the mid-2000's. I remember it being a huge pain in the ass getting paid because they were on tour in Asia or something and he couldn't send Paypal funds to me for some reason. He eventually got the money to me and paid extra to overnight it to New York for a recording/live gig or something.

5. roblovesolives

roblovesolives Member

I borrowed the Boss Vibrato pedal that Graham Coxon used on Happiness in Magazines. Does that count?

6. plextasy

plextasy Member

I bought Frank Gambale's Boss FB-2 years ago. I just wanted to try one and didn't spend much on it so it was sort of a bonus. Cool pedal but didn't satisfy the controllable feedback itch I had at the time, especially since you have to engage the boost to use the feedback function and it changes your tone quite a bit.

7. guitarbilly74

guitarbilly74 Supporting Member

Sold a JMP-1 to Billy Gibbons.

8. Neverwhere

Neverwhere Member

No one famous, weirdest transaction I've had on Reverb was that people were talking about Ryan Adams in some thread on TGP, I mentioned there was a commercial on TV for diarrhea medication that had a guitar player in it that was very obviously supposed to look like Ryan Adams, the very next day the actor that played the Ryan Adams stand in bought a pedal of mine from Reverb.

Convinced me of the cosmic unconsciousness.

Big in Japan and AXXA like this.
  9. Neverwhere

Neverwhere Member

Theres been a number of these Reverb sales by famous artists, and some are very fishy because they go live, but the vast majority of things are already sold.

10. Unchained81

Unchained81 Member

Unrelated to the thread topic but relevant to Reverb......I have a "1" showing on my reverb page that I want to get rid of. It's telling me I have one item to leave feedback on but I don't want to. The guy purposely left some details out of his listing when I made my purchase and I don't want to leave him feedback, positive or negative. I just want to ignore the item. Is there a way to get rid of the '1'?

11. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Bought a Maxon AD-900 owned by Ben Harper. If I recall, he had a fair amount of gear he was offloading on Reverb about a year ago or so.