Have been offered a trade...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitarguru666, Feb 4, 2012.

1. guitarguru666

guitarguru666 Member

Hi guys,

Recently on I put up my Jackson RR5FR for sale/trade on gumtree and here. I recently got an offer for an Ibanez rg1527 from 2004 with a dimarzio blaze pickup in the bridge and hardcase. I am really tempted as I've been after a 7 string for a while but don't know much about that model. Could some people fill me in on if this is worth it? Also the other thing is I play in a band just now and the other guitarist uses 6 string. So did you's have any trouble playing 6 string songs on a 7 string? I ask because the band is more metal orientated and some songs have a lot of fast open note chugs and was worried I would always hit the low B instead of the E. Thanks for your help :)

2. guitarguru666

guitarguru666 Member

3. guitarguru666

guitarguru666 Member

4. Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey Member

Isn't the RG1527 a Prestige model? From 10 minutes of research (heh), I'd say go for it. The Ibanez seems to be a more expensive model, and is very well reviewed. Also, if it doesn;t work out, they seem to hold their value well enough that you should be able to get out of it without much pain.

5. guitarguru666

guitarguru666 Member

Thanks :) My screen reader was acting up so I couldn't search online -_-. What kind of pickup would you recommend for the neck? I've tried several ibanez guitars with stock pickups and almost all of them have been quite crappy haha,