Have you all seen this IR loader for your pedalboards yet?

GreatDaneRock

The Flamma FS07 is incredible. Excellent sound, incredibly low latency compared to other IR loaders, ir even supports long IR files, and has great headroom, doesn't fizz out with gain. I didn't think the included cab simulations were that great, but it's a game-changer once you upload third-party files into it, that's where it shines.

Being a stereo cabsim pedal, which very few IR loaders are, means you can run independent cabs with its own control settings for each side. You could have both guitar players in the band use it, one guitar player per side, or other creative uses. In my case the right output has the cab Sim turned on feeding a d.i. box which goes to mixer or PA. The left output has the cabsim turned off and goes into the effects return of whatever backline amp is there. I run my pedal board into Joyo AS which serves as a preamp, which in terms feeds the Flamma FS07.
IMG_20211026_151028083_1.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Y.

Supporting Member
This pedal does look good. It's what I wanted the Mooer Radar to be - controls on the face of the pedal, no menu diving. I may need to move on this!

rck

Silver Supporting Member
I’m going to keep this on my list to try. It has a lot of options for the price. If the sound quality is there it’ll be a winner.

onwingsoflead

I haven't tried this one yet, but I do have (and love) the Reverb and Modulation from this series. They sound great. If you can load your own IRs, this thing is an easy winner

laurabaileysirishcre

Silver Supporting Member
Being able to run two different IRs in stereo is pretty awesome feature. I don't think there are any IR loaders around this price or two times the price that can accomplish that.

I am not seeing where it is documented what format of IR it accepts, does anyone know?

GreatDaneRock

This pedal does look good. It's what I wanted the Mooer Radar to be - controls on the face of the pedal, no menu diving. I may need to move on this!
The controls are super smooth, and precise. And they control the Edit software parameters in real time, like a DAW controller does!

I’m going to keep this on my list to try. It has a lot of options for the price. If the sound quality is there it’ll be a winner.
It's a winner, the sound quality and low-latency conversion is unheard of in this price range, what privileged times we live in.

I haven't tried this one yet, but I do have (and love) the Reverb and Modulation from this series. They sound great. If you can load your own IRs, this thing is an easy winner
YES YOU CAN! That's the game-changing portion of it, 11 slots to load your custom IRs, then organize all the different combinations and patches that include level, hi/low cut, and latency, into 7 user memories! It's only missing a built-in DI XLR output, but you can buy a quality DI today for less than $50.

Being able to run two different IRs in stereo is pretty awesome feature. I don't think there are any IR loaders around this price or two times the price that can accomplish that.

I am not seeing where it is documented what format of IR it accepts, does anyone know?
It accepts 44.1KHz or 48 KHz 16 or 24 bit WAV files. I've only tried 44.1KHz 24bit, sounds stellar!

Here's a link to my Flamma FS07 review, not long ago:

GDR

GreatDaneRock

It's more or less how long you want the tail. 11s tails is pretty good for even some spacey reverbs.
Cool, the other strength is the included Edit companion software is very well executed, which is normally not the strength with some of the "abroad" companies' software solutions.

Not this time, super straightforward UI, piece of cake to import IRs, and a breeze to configure left and right side cab options and parameters, all linked to the pedal in real time. A real winner in my book!

orourke

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder if I could put this between a Palmer PGA-04 speaker simulator/load box and my UA Arrow interface. I've been recording through the Palmer for years and it works pretty good but not great. Working in an apartment studio I can't mic my amps. I'd love to give the PGA-04 a little more character.

GreatDaneRock

I wonder if I could put this between a Palmer PGA-04 speaker simulator/load box and my UA Arrow interface. I've been recording through the Palmer for years and it works pretty good but not great. Working in an apartment studio I can't mic my amps. I'd love to give the PGA-04 a little more character.
See if you can disable the cabinet simulator on the Palmer, I don't see why the Flamma wouldn't work, it should do the trick nicely.

Larry Eh?

It's a winner, the sound quality and low-latency conversion is unheard of in this price range, what privileged times we live in.

YES YOU CAN! That's the game-changing portion of it, 11 slots to load your custom IRs, then organize all the different combinations and patches that include level, hi/low cut, and latency, into 7 user memories! It's only missing a built-in DI XLR output, but you can buy a quality DI today for less than $50.
If the 1/4" outputs were balanced TRS that would be pretty sweet too but they aren't. What exactly does the "LATENCY" knob do? Wouldn't you normally want to have the lowest latency possible?

GreatDaneRock

If the 1/4" outputs were balanced TRS that would be pretty sweet too but they aren't. What exactly does the "LATENCY" knob do? Wouldn't you normally want to have the lowest latency possible?
It's a misnomer, it's not latency in the sense of ad & da conversion, it has to do with adding a little bit of delay between the two sides so that it sounds wider and deeper, it really has a very powerful effect when you run it and stereo and you add a little "latency" to one of the sides. There are demos on YouTube showing this. Good stuff!

About the outputs being balanced, if they're going to offer balanced outs, might as well offer XLR outputs. I've had no issues with the unbalanced outputs.

It's not a perfect IR pedal, but for under $90, it's incredible and more than competitive with some of its competition costing two or three times that price.

GDR

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
It's a misnomer, it's not latency in the sense of ad & da conversion, it has to do with adding a little bit of delay between the two sides so that it sounds wider and deeper, it really has a very powerful effect when you run it and stereo and you add a little "latency" to one of the sides. There are demos on YouTube showing this. Good stuff!

About the outputs being balanced, if they're going to offer balanced outs, might as well offer XLR outputs. I've had no issues with the unbalanced outputs.

It's not a perfect IR pedal, but for under $90, it's incredible and more than competitive with some of its competition costing two or three times that price.

GDR

Unfortunately I want balanced outs. At least the Radar has done that. I would prefer an XLR but given the box size, I decided a TRS to XLR adapter was a reasonable compromise. I like the Radar, but my #1 gig board still has the NUX Solid Studio firmly planted. I never load third party IRs so the loader aspect is not so important for me. Having good IRs come in the box is and I have found usable IRs in both the NUX and the Radar.

But this does look like a good and low cost alternative.

Meriphew

Flamma Cab

This looks and sounds really good to me. You can load your own IRs as well.
It's interesting that it has 780 reviews (mostly 5 star) on Amazon. There probably isn't even 1000 guys using IR pedals in the world. Yes that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm sensing some review "massaging" going on there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom