1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you changed your gear buying lately?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MikeyG, Feb 16, 2009.

Has you gear buying changed recently?

1. No

2. I am definitely buying less

3. Still buying, but looking for great deals

4. Opting for trades instead

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

2. rob2001

rob2001 Member

No gear purchases here for at least 8 months....and i'm ok with that...I think!

3. TRGuy

TRGuy Member

Yup, learnt to become less sentimental and concentrate on buying what I REALLY think would add to a functional, classy, be-all end-all rig.

This has lead me to seriously thinking about selling my Jubilee, which is pristine, as I really want a rig of 2 divided by 13's.

4. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Member

Yea, if something comes in these days, something has to go.:FM

5. DS88

DS88 Member

Ive been buying more and more :x

6. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I'm not buying less because of the economy, if that's what you mean, but I'm getting to the point where I'm satisfied with my setup and the gas is subsiding quite a bit.

7. rob2001

rob2001 Member

Yes, this is pretty much where i'm at too. I'm happy with my setup but still, the economy is keeping me from impulse purchases and thats fine. That gives me time to just go and play my rig and figure out that I don't REALLY need anything.

8. jamison162

jamison162 Member

+1, I think!

9. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I started to enforce this myself last year. With that said,
    I love J.T.'s suede sinewave head/cab in the emporium but I don't even have a Two Rock to put in it. :huh

10. shngn7

shngn7 Member

I have definitely been buying less lately. I spent so much of the past year trying to build up the ultimate pedal board/get the best amp for myself I can't really justify needing anything more.

11. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Member

I want to buy more because of the prices right now but I have so much from never selling anything that it's trade time. I like it so far (no bad deals) but I'm still wanting to buy. I really don't need as much anymore I guess?

12. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I haven't really changed my behavior, though I've been on a 'one in, one out' policy for a long time now. I did diversify things a lot recently and sold off a few guitars to get a nice mandolin and a synth.

Bryan

13. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I've been buying less but its not economic its that I'm satisfied with the gear I have on hand. However I did buy a Fulltone TTE last week and the Voltz pedal power system today. It is less but still buying.

14. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I have definitely curtailed my buying. I have recently lost my big client for my graphic design/marketing communications business, so money isn't flowing in right now. I'm actually actively looking for a job for the first time since the early 90's. Crazy! I'm positive, there are lots of opportunities around here, but given that I have a family, I have had to stop buying gear. My last few transactions have been trades. I'd still buy if a really good deal came up, but it would have to be on a piece of gear that has been on my long-time "I really want this" list. I won't buy on impulse as I have often done in the past. Still, I'd prefer to trade.

15. DavidH

DavidH Member

I have, but not for financial reasons, just because i'm happy with what i've got. An odd piece here and there i still need to get right, and a few things left to sell but other than that you can stick a fork in me. (for now) :)

16. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

For big purchases, its a one in, one out deal. If I can't bring myself to sell something in order to buy another, then I must not need/want it that bad.
    Ampwise, I am done, I found my favorite amp.

17. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

Where's the "Buying More Now" option?

18. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I'm buying less as well but it has more to do with having what I want/wanting to what I have than economy.

19. TS808

TS808 Member

I'm not buying any more guitars or amps...more so because I'm satisfied with what I have right now. I went to low wattage amps and couldn't be happier.

20. sqadan

sqadan Member

No guitars or amps this year for me... I may pick up a pedal or 2 and some other odds and ends - but I'm not making any high dollar purchases.