Have you dealt with GuitarParts Resource?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by brewbaker, Dec 18, 2009.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

I have ordered from them a couple of times and they delivered quickly, parts were as described so no problems. However I recently ordered a part that I'd like to return in exchange for another. I've emailed them three times and left four phone messages over the last two weeks and they won't respond. Very perplexed as to what to do next. Just wondering if anyone knows more about this company than I do or has had dealings with them--?

guitarpartsresource.com

2. Jan Folkson

Jan Folkson Member

I've gotten stuff from them in the past, and was always satisfied. Never had to return anything though...

Perhaps I won't be buying from them again.

3. BigViolin

BigViolin Member

My experience is the same as above. Just would like to add that maybe it's the season, they might be slacking the last two weeks of the year.

4. whitehall

whitehall Member

Same. I've bought from them 4-5 times , no problems. But it's been several months since I bought from them.

5. dazco

dazco Member

YES!!! In fact, i posted about it approximaty a week ago. Same exact thng....wanted to return something that THEY made a mistake on and sent me the wrong knobs. I emailed a few times and claaed them all week numerous times. Not a single reply. So i filed a complaint at paypal which actually just emails the compant via paypal. the apparently will NOT ignore paypla like they do thier customers !!! because the next day they refunded the cost of my entire order. That was great, but i don't credit GPR for that at all. They were just saving thier own arses because if they lose thier paypal account they are out of business, which i think they should be anyways.

Some have had no issues with them, but from what i have seen many have, and anything more than a tiny percentage of customers with horror stories is not acceptable. I will never buy anything from them again and i would suggest that others do the same otherwise you ENABLE such horrible customer treatment.

6. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Two transactions. Both very good.

7. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

No, they didn't screw up my order but I got the message loud and clear.

Don't think about returning anything because we will ignore you.

I took a chance because I needed the parts that bad. I've found other outfits that will talk on the phone, and take things back no questions.

I hate to stop doing business there since I grew up a few miles from where GPR is located, but they have zero customer support. No more.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  8. mslmg

mslmg Member

No problem here. They sent me the wrong part, I emailed them and within 24 hours I got a tracking number for the replacement. I will order from them again.

9. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

So the trend of experiences is spotty. I'm not trying to bash them, just wanted to take the temperature of others impressions so I'll know what expectations to have about getting any satisfaction.

The part I'd like to exchange is only a $15 item so I guess I could just keep it and order the replacement. Anyone need a black 335 pickguard? LOL I'm hesitant to order it from GPR on principle but don't know where else to get one.

10. romo

romo Supporting Member

I have bought a few things from them although I try to avoid it if another place has the parts I want. My stuff has always arrived quickly but I have heard too many complaints like this about troubles with returns or really long shipping times.

11. Rhomco

Rhomco Silver Supporting Member

you have a problem. I have used them on eight or ten ocassions with no issues but once I received a set of Fender Custom Shop "Broadcaster" pickups with a dead neck pickup. The customer service rep on the phone said "we test every pickup before packing them" so we cant accept a return. I did not believe him and I was not happy but damed if I havent bought from them again because they had something I wanted bad enough.
    Good luck,
    Rob

12. lespaulreedsmith

lespaulreedsmith Member

where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains
    Bought from them quite a few times and as I would talk to them on the phone it appeared to be a 'family'? run business or else they had some kid working for them....
    Had to return a couple of items and yes it was somewhat difficult but finally managed to get it done.
    They did answer the phone though so maybe it's the Christmas season and if they are a family run business they might be all on vacation?
    Dunno...