• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Have you played with any "famous" musicians?

dan in RI

How cool is THAT!!!!

Down on the street
where they measure the beat
To understand the situation...

A F G C D C D F C G A
If I remember correctly :)

gigs

In early 80's was in a band with the drummer from Blondie (short term - he quickly moved on)
In '95-96 was in a band with the drummer (during the 70's) from Tower of Power (all blues band - I quit)

Both of those guys were fantastic drummers.

Lephty

I guess I've played w/ a good few who are well-known, at least locally and/or within the particular scene that I am a part of. The thing that has consistently struck me when I have played with these folks is that in almost all cases, these people are really f'n good at what they do. Great tone, great ears, and a natural ability to serve and elevate the music.

dan in RI

In early 80's was in a band with the drummer from Blondie (short term - he quickly moved on)
In '95-96 was in a band with the drummer (during the 70's) from Tower of Power (all blues band - I quit)

Both of those guys were fantastic drummers.
Clem Burke? Great drummer, super nice guy. Met him a couple of years ago when he played with Walter Lure, Tommy Stinson etc for a couple of one-off shows. One of my Uncles (also a drummer), met him here in RI in the 70s right before they blew up and said he was totally cool.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Opened up for a bunch of bigger names. Only played with Carlos Santana at a music store where we jammed for about 15-20 minutes. It was cool. I've played Joe Bonamassa's vintage guitars but he didn't play at the same time, just handed them to me.

Played with Loverboy minus the singer and guitarist when we were playing a club after a concert. The drummer, keyboardist and bassist were there and sat in with us. We played some Loverboy songs and Zeppelin. Super fun.

Regularly played with Chuck Ruff (RIP) from Sammy Hagar's band and formerly of the Edgar Winter Group. He played the drum solo on Frankenstein. Also played with Jerry Weems (RIP) also from Edgar's band.

Last edited:

71strat

Used to jam with my buddy Ralph Morman sometimes. He was a bit older than me.

Ralph was the singer for Joe Perry when he left Arrowsmith and started the Joe Perry project. Ralph sang on the first album Let the Music Do the Talkin

Another buddy is Billy Ray Cyrus. Both these guys are from my hometown.

Ralph passed 3-4 years ago.

DjJazzyJeffy

Jammed with Larry Mitchell twice, John 5 once, Played with Rob Halford for a few songs, narrowly missed a jam with Steve Gadd, and the rest of my band have ties to The Gin Blossoms, and have played/opened for many big bands.

rawkguitarist

Hum... I've opened for some really well known musicians but not played with them (Eric Johnson is one). However I have played with multiple band members of famous musicians/artists. I currently gig with a guy that plays with lots of people many would know here. He's on tour all over the world about half the year.

Paul Gilbert said to me "you sound great by the way". That made my decade... does that partially qualify? Ha! :p

gigs

Clem Burke? Great drummer, super nice guy. Met him a couple of years ago when he played with Walter Lure, Tommy Stinson etc for a couple of one-off shows. One of my Uncles (also a drummer), met him here in RI in the 70s right before they blew up and said he was totally cool.
Yeah, he was a fun guy to hang out with. Lots of good stories too. We did a few gigs but he was looking for bigger and better stuff and I can't blame him. He was travelling thru town and decided to stay for a few months in the summer, then off he went.

RobDaglish

Well known, respected musicians? Yes. Famous? Not really... Steve Lodder (worked with Paul McCartney on the Liverpool oratorio) and Annie Whitehouse for a few rehearsals and a gig which was something to do with the millennium. Two more members of the big band she was playing with at the time turned up for the gig, which ended with a mass jam session, and getting plaudits for them for a tenor sax solo was pretty cool... just wish I could remember their names! And a BBC musician of the year did a feature gig with a big band I played for a while ago, nice guy called Jamie Brownfield. Played in bands supporting a few ex-professional (but not necessarily famous) singers when they retired though.

Trending Topics