• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Have you used MOTU's Audio Desk?

SideBMusic

I use Logic Express 7. I bought a MOTU UltraLite, which comes with Audio Desk recording software (a scaled down version of Digital Performer). I was curious and thinking of giving Audio Desk a try. Specifically, there is a plug-in called Preamp-1 which the manual says "... simulates both subtle tube pre-amp warmth and drastic distortion effects."

If you have tried this software or plug-in I am interested in your comments.

I used it briefly after I bought an 828 Mk II- upgrading to DP from there was a no-brainer. If you're content w/ Logic you may not feel you need DP as well. IIRC, it is much like DP, minus the MIDI capability- so your MIDI usage might factor in as to whether it's useful to you.

The Pre-amp plug is decent, but nothing like an of the various amp modelers available. Still, like anything else, you just might find that starting w/ a preset and tweaking it to your liking may yield just the sonic glue you've been looking for.

Cheers, and have fun playing with it!

Trending Topics