Having at Byrne/Eno tracks...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Bassomatic, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Just posted a stripped down/dubbed out
    remix of Byrne/Eno's 'A Secret Life' from their classic "My Life In The Bush of Ghosts" Album. Futurists that they are, they've been kind enough to post transfers of the original 24 track sources for a couple of tunes on a web site.

I'm gonna do a more basso style remix now that i've done a stripped back/purist sorta thing. I kept the original structure intact and brought no new recordings/overt slicings-dicings to the party. More Kingston, JA than Manchester, UK.

Revelation: Their time was a lot wobblier than I realized in my old listenings to the original. And a lot of the source tracks were palpably magical as soon as you put a fader up.

It's the bottom track on my myspace page, for those who like this sort of decidedly non-guitaristic thing.

Comments and feedback encouraged as always.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

I'm not going to listen YET, as i myself am messing about with "Help Me Somebody" right now ;)

3. lhallam

lhallam Member

Can't really comment on the Bassoisms as I'm not familiar with the original. No matter, sounds cool whatever the source.

4. Bassomatic

I hear you Anton. I'm not gonna listen to any until i finish my other mix or two. Sound philosophy, there.:YinYang

5. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Excellent! I wore this disk down to bare vinyl when it first came out, and if it were possible to wear bits out I'd do the same to your track.

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Incredible, as usual, Basso...

7. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Yea very nice, look forward to hearing your full treatment remix..
    By the way, listened to all your myspace tracks...excellent work......
    "Bwaah" in particular killed me.......

8. Bassomatic

Thanks, Richard, Wayne, and Sub. It offsets the frustration of not being to upload it to thew f*ing host site - major issues after repeated attempts.

And thanks for the kind words about "Bwaah", Subbie. Matte's guitar and accent drum programming really helped pull that track together - completely transformed where my arrangement was heading. He's been a pleasure to work with on and off over the years, and has become a programming terror, to add to his well-know guitar thang.