Having issues with my Timefactor...

treeuh

Hey all, I thought I'd consult the wisdom of TGP on this one: My Timefactor has served me well for a good four years now, but just recently I've discovered that it has the nasty habit of powering on and off repeatedly if the power cable is messed with... I'm not the best with a soldering iron, have no idea where to start as far as fixing it, and beyond that, I'm living in Australia and really don't want to ship it to the states or somewhere else for repair.

Is it a fairly simple fix for someone with basic electrical circuit know-how?

treeuh

Well, I took the back plate off and looked at the board-- the connection to the power socket looked fine, but the top of it was enclosed... I didn't get to see that, but I'll have a friend of mine who works on electronics work on it and see what he thinks.

jaymeister

treeuh said:
Well, I took the back plate off and looked at the board-- the connection to the power socket looked fine, but the top of it was enclosed... I didn't get to see that, but I'll have a friend of mine who works on electronics work on it and see what he thinks.
Sometimes the solder looks fine from the top, but it has broken away from the trace underneath and remains stuck to the component pin...it can be deceiving, but a quick rewetting with a fine tip soldering iron will determine with certainty if that's the problem or not.

Trending Topics