1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hawk Wrecked in the Swamp (Hi gain Swamp Blues)(with backing -JAM??)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by abergdahl, Mar 15, 2006.

1. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Again a Ola Gustafsson (reissuplayer) backing original thread can be found here:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=127914
    Again the Custom By Cougar Hawk amp into a g12-65 speaker. This time it's the Roukangas Duke Special Deluxe, bridgepickup. The first tone is me hammering on a d and slowly raising the volume on the guitar to around 7. i keep it there for a slightly fatter cleaner tone a while before going to full volume. I dialed in the amp the "kimock way", listened to where the idle hiss started to increase and it around 1.30 o'clock on the volume, 3 ish on T.C. and i set Cut at 1 o'clock. This is a Trainwreck inspired tone bot this amp has more low mids, which i perfer so it's a fat a chewy tone. This setting works rather well for that early EVH tone as well.

Ok if you are ready for some Swamp Blues click:
    http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3642781&q=hi

Backing by Ola Reissueplayer Gustafsson:
    http://www.beggat.com/planket/abergdahl/swamp_thing_bt.mp3

Please comment :BEER

2. trisonic

trisonic Member

Anders - Those first sustaining notes sound glorious! Very nice tones indeed.

Have you clips of your latest Hawk thru the Hawk? Sorry couldn't resist that!

What P'ups on the Ruokangas? Is that a semi or solid?

Sorry about all the questions!

Best, Pete.

3. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

damn... nice playin
    Killin' tone!!

HJ

4. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Hey THANKS :angel

No Hawk, Hawk clips YET ;)

It's roukangas standard pups pafish, check them out in his site (www.ruokangas.com). My Duke is the chamberd version, a Special.

You're not sorry and have no reason to be, always happy to hear from you Pete :)

5. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

That means a LOT coming from a first rate musician like you :BEER

6. Tommy C

Tommy C Member

Anders, cool stuff I am glad that you like the amp,

I just would like to point out that the Hawk is not a Trainwreck clone if someone for some reason is led to believe this,

Ola, Cool backing btw!
    keep it up,

Br/ Tommy
    http://custombycougar.com

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Nice amp, Tommy.

Best, Pete.

8. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

That sounds frikkin' great!

9. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Thanks, it hard not to sound good with a Cougar amp ;) .

The title on this thread might suggest a T-wreck connection and as Tomme says on his site:
    "The Hawk is the evolution of the Thunderbird amp and also with a extra added gainstage for the meanest full bodied rock tones out there, all in the classic rock plexi-Marshall/T-wreck territory, strong rock tone definition and bloomy singing sustain qualities.
    The pre amp has 3x 12AX7 and the power amp has 2xEL34 and no negative feedback, it responds really cool to changes on the guitar, clean to mean with the guitars volume control and pick attack. "

And i sort of dialed in in for maximum singing, wrecking feedback. This amp will also work EXTREMLY well for a EVH sound, or straight ahead blues. It DOES have headroom and is most definitely NOT a clone of anything.

I have had it for close to three month and have used it live for country (with an edge), SRV and Hendrix style, AC/DC, Stones and EVH covers. Using the same setting on the amp for all those styles just adjusting picking styles pickups, tone and volume to control things. One amazing thing is that it lets the neck pickup sound clear without EVER being icepicky. Sorry, just LOVE the amp :AOK :D :p

10. trisonic

trisonic Member

Does Tommy have a US distributer?
    I'd like to to try one out.

Best, Pete.

11. Tommy C

Tommy C Member