Hayseed 15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gasp100, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I've been checking out the site waiting for these to show up (with pricing) but I haven't seen anything. I'm leaning towards a used AC30cc (head, maybe swing a 1x12) but I've heard so many stories about the less-then-perfect reliability. Hayseed's seem to be in very high demand/regard around here. But alas, even a used Hayseed 30 is a bit out of range (my Winfield head hasn't even arrived yet, STILL gassing for more :BOUNCE). I'm wondering if the Hayseed 15 would fit the bill for me (99% home studio stuff).

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

most likely it will... but most of the reliability problems of the Early CCs have been solved with better tubes (specifically Tung Sols in the Pre, and better rec tube)... I wouldn't pay as much creedence to the anti-CC hype since they have really improved a lot recently.

3. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck Member

Gasp100,

Try contacting Rob anyway. I think that he is currently making the Hayseed 15, but he hasn't updated his site to reflect this.

Rob's amps are hard to beat at their price for a hand wired amp.

4. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

I have one. It's a nice amp. Still pretty loud for home use. I use an Ultimate Attenuator with mine and max the master volume. Sweet jesus.

5. shizzaq

shizzaq Supporting Member

My friend's AC30 custom classic melted in my car while we were driving to a guitar store to compare it to a tophat club royale. The gold trim on the front melted and came off and the grill cloth came off. This was about a 30 minute drive in 80 degree weather. I say go with american made point to point vintage specs over chinese factory made stuff any day. I know this is probably out of your price range but you should check out the Z Stang Ray. It sounds very amazing.

6. Gasp100

I guess that says it all... :BEER

7. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

I see you have some tele's and asats. You will be very happy with this amp.
    ;)

Would you be wanting a head, 1x12, 2x10 or?

8. jtindle

jtindle Member

I have a Hayseed 15 on order. Should be here in a couple months. The wait time is about 5 months.

Jeff

9. Gasp100

I'm not quite sure.... selling? trading? I could probably do any one of the above.
    :dude

10. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Not selling, sorry.

I've got a 1x12 combo with weber alnico blue dog.

If I could do it again, I'd get a 2x10 with alnico blue pups though. Or maybe one ceramic, one alnico.
    :BEER

11. Gasp100

Well, the Winfield head through a cab is working out great so far (and like I mentioned the cab is subpar by TGP standards <Peavey Sheffield 1x12>) but a Marshall 1965b 4x10 will be here soon. Maybe the head / cab is the way for me to go. I feel more comfortable replacing the speakers in a cab than a full blown combo.

12. dank

dank Consummate Beatles Fan Supporting Member

I just sold my AC30CC2X to a fellow forumite, and I have ordered a Hayseed 15 with a Celestion Blue. I like the fact that I can drop it to 7 watts. The AC30 is a LOUD amp! As far as "boutique" amp prices go, Rob's price is quite reasonable.