Hayseed 30 owners: What are you plugging in?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bushmill, Mar 6, 2006.

1. bushmill

bushmill Supporting Member

So, I'm on the prowl for a new guitar and am wondering what other Hayseed owners are using...I'm looking at a few Strats, Les Pauls, etc...Tell me what you're currently plugging in and what has made you happy! ;)

2. teefus

teefus Supporting Member

hamers, just hamers. lol. newport pros sound fantastic through my hayseed custom. my 25th anniversary (semi-hollow) and phantom sound great too. you would be hard pressed to find a guitar that sounds bad through a hayseed, imho. what type of music do you play? that would probably be the biggest consideration.

3. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Heritage H535, a Muddy Waters Telecaster, and a Rickenbacker 330/12. They all work well with the amp, as did my 330/6 and Les Paul Deluxe, now sold.

4. Lammy

Lammy Member

I used a parts tele with P90 in teh neck and tele bridge sized p90 in the bridge.

5. morgan

morgan Guest

Mostly everything sounds good with the hayseed. I mostly play an SG custom, but my Ric 360 sounds incredible through it as well. My old SG jr also sounds sweet, very jangly. The only guitar I sometimes I have trouble with is my jag, the combination of between them isn't spectacular. You can dial it in ok, but there's a lot of brightness between them.

6. bscepter

bscepter Member

SG Standard and a Tele. Heaven.

7. TwinandTwang

TwinandTwang Member

52 ri Tele w Bardens

8. Pedro58

Pedro58 Supporting Member

It depends on the channel...

The ef86 channel sounds killer with everything. I really dig humbuckers here. Sounds Marshall-esque/Bluesbreaker-style. The cut knob really works the magic here. That, and the ef86 tube sucking all the tone your guitar can deliver and moving it on with a kick!

The top boost channel... I love a Strat here, but I have a hard time giving up the ef86 for TB...

I really need to experiment more, but I haven't ever plugged in and not been able to get something great with a minimum of knob-twiddling. I think Teles sound great everywhere. The eq on the Hayseed is just so usable and effective. Great amp!

9. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Orville Les Paul (p90 in bridge) and MIJ 72 Tele Thinline (I love my japanese git-fiddles) will grace the Hayseed upon arrival. Will probably add a G&L ASAT or 52 Tele at some point. Maybe an SG, the 61 reissue style or a japanese lawsuit version.

taco

10. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

G&L ASAT Classic (Tele) makes it sing the best for me. Jangly on the Top Boost channel, and searing with the EF-86 (bypass) channel. Jumper the two and, oh lordy, I get goosebumps.

11. JohnnyM

JohnnyM Member

Crook Tele and Hamer Newport with Phat cats.
    My friends SG sounds great too.

12. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Muddy Waters Telecaster (modified) and Heritage H535. Both sound great but I'm really liking the Tele through the amp right now.