1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hayseed with Reverend Alltone 50's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 5881, May 24, 2011.

1. 5881

5881 Supporting Member

Just picked a Hayseed 30 head here and am playing it though a Weber Blue ceramic, which is nice. I would like to use a 2x12 cab if have, which is currently empty but I have a couple Alltones I could try. Any thoughts as to how that would sound before I dig the Revs out, and start mounting and soldering?
    Thanks

2. ES330

ES330 Member

Weber Blue Ceramic is one of my favorite speakers.
    I like it better than the Weber Alnico version

3. 5881

5881 Supporting Member

I totally agree; like it better than the Gold as well. A/B'd both back to back in my Valvetech VAC 50.

4. stratboy01

stratboy01 Member

I have a custom pine 1x12 cabinet right now loaded with a Reverend Alltone. I cannot stand the sound coming out of it with my Hayseed 30 head. Bass is not clear and defined and the highend can even be a little brittle. The upper mids dont sound nice either.

I actually posted another thread asking for speaker recommendations. I might go with a Weber Blue and Silver....or a ASW Elegante. The Alltone is a great speaker but IMHO the Alltone sounds great in more Fendery sounding amps...