HBE Germania any good?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Don't here much about this one, is it any good? Any of you guys using it to boost another od or to add some glass to your strat or tele tones?

2. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i had a germania for a little while and didn't bond with it.... it sounded harsh with my particular setup. i had the HBE germacide as well and that was a better match for my rig and much more versatile, but still didn't end up keeping it - kind of wish i kept it.... i currently either use a java boost or custom-made rangemaster clone. i thought the AM Beano Boost sounded great as well....

the germania is probably the only HBE pedal that I've tried that i didn't bond with.... joel makes great products...

3. jamison162

jamison162 Member

I'm thinking of just picking up a MJM London instead (germanium).

4. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

I've still got one, but rarely use it. It has a lot of volume boost in it too much for me, and it is very bright. When I do use it, it is for making humbuckers more tele-ish.

5. frankencat

frankencat Gold Supporting Member

I love mine. With the TopHat I use it in front of my Fulldrive. It absolutely RULED as a stand alone od pedal with my Budda SD30 and also with my old Mesa Rectoverb. It does like darker amps but it has other uses as well. Think Zeppelin TSRTS off the live album of the same name.