HBE Power Screamer "your experience"

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by King Rat, Mar 3, 2012.

1. King Rat

King Rat Member

I have had mine for a couple of years.

"Using a Gibson 335 with a Fender Twin"

First it replaced my menatone King of the Britains 7 knob as my Higher Gain Overdrive because the thing cuts through like a boss, has a monster of a tone, It has almost a muddy/lowfi thing going similar to the sound on "songs for the deaf" and I find myself using the tone knob just about maxed....

Its still a great flavour for high gain Od into a clean amp, and I only took it off the board cause i went into a less gain/coloured tone using the Tim set mild with the boost for that sound.

Having sold all my other TS type pedals, how does the HBE stand up to the classic TS tone that people are always after? Because it sounds nothing like all the other TS type pedals I have owned.

[​IMG]

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

I had one (green color, fat boost) and I still think it's the best TS style od I've tried. Price is good too, especially used.

3. stratplayer80

stratplayer80 Senior Member

Mine had the fattest bluesy tone. For me it did TS and then some. I'll be buying another soon.

4. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

I regret selling mine. Thought the grass was greener, but was wrong.

5. King Rat

King Rat Member

yeah the used price is so GOOD! strange.
    I got mine for $90 AUD

6. teleclem

teleclem Member

Yeahh, definitely recommended for someone looking for a great budget OD.

7. King Rat

King Rat Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. HBob

HBob Member

That's a great pedal. I've had one for a few years. I almost sent it in to have the fat boost added but I like it just the way it is. I also run the tone knob almost all the way up. Really nice grit with the tone knob up there. I like the three way switch to the left or in the middle for lower gain sounds. I hardly ever set it to the right.

[​IMG]

9. Painasusual

Painasusual Member

I had one but wasn't very fond of it. The tone knob didn't really do anything until it was maxed.

10. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

HBE has great customer service too, I fried mine with the wrong power supply (totally stupid on my part) and I emailed them to find out if it's fixable or if its just a paperweight now and he told me to send it in, they fixed it for free, and shipped it back to me for free. I couldn't believe it.

11. Wagster

Wagster Member

Jason Aldean's She's Country is a Power Screamer through a 69 Bassman.

12. Snottyboy

Snottyboy Member

I had an early one that I liked, then picked up another with the fat boost. Sold the one with the fat boost as I didn't feel it needed it.

13. King Rat

King Rat Member

I usually have it set on "fat" boost mode.. its really only a sublte tonal difference that makes the boost slightly fatter and louder instead of just the latter...

I dig it!