1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

HBE Psilocybe owners:Question about a setting

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mooawk, Feb 7, 2008.

1. mooawk

mooawk Member

I just got this pedal and I'm really pleased with it. However, I'm concerned about a particular setting. When I have the Regen and Speed knobs turned all the way down, Shift 1 switched to the right, and Shift 2 to the left, I get an extremely subtle effect. Almost as if there was no effect at all. Is this normal? Or should there be a more pronounced effect? I just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the pedal. Thanks

2. brianf

brianf Member

Give me a few minutes and I'll check mine. Got it last week!!!

brianf

3. brianf

brianf Member

Nothing really happening on mine either. I guess that makes sense though with both knobs turned off.

I don't like both switches to the left and the knobs anywhere above 9:00. Some ugly dull tones come out.

brianf

4. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i think i've tried that setting and agree that it's very, very subtle. when you turn up the regen knob though it becomes more pronounced.

my favorite setting is regen and speed knobs all the way down and both switches to the right.

or, same knob settings but left switch to the left, and right switch to the right.

5. TheFlash

TheFlash Member

The switches pointed to the middle is one of the more subtle settings especially with the regen all the way down.

My favorite setting is regen 9:30, speed 2:00, both switches to the right. Just a beautiful phase/vibe hybrid sound to my ears. Put some nice delay after it and float away to guitar heaven :)

6. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Just got one last night (thanks TunnelvisionMusic!) and it's awesome. I agree with the setting suggestions above. What a beautiful sounding phaser this is and very versatile. Plus TB, no level drop and built like a freak'in tank. What's not to like?

7. silverface63

silverface63 Member

BillyK, did your Psilocybe come with the new white knobs/lettering? I'm very close to picking one up and every dealer is still advertising the black. Anyone else know where to find one?

8. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Hey Silverface:
    Yup. White knobs/lettering on a hideously green box. It sounds awesome!

I know that TunnelVisionMusic has 'em in stock. Contact Joe Lema @ TVM and let him know I sent you.

When not buying used at TGP, all new stuff I buy is from Joe. Great service, selection and free/fast shipping. No affiliation. Just a happy customer.

9. brianf

brianf Member

I just got mine from Music Toys and yes, white knobs and a hideous lime green sparkle paint job.

I hate these wild paint jobs. When my wife goes by the music room I instantly hear "Oh, is that new"?

ALL PEDALS should be black damit.

brianf

10. C-Dawg

C-Dawg Member

Amen to this. Pedal makers must do this on purpose to curb the husband from keeping his gear purchases under the radar...:nono

11. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

You have the depth and speed all the way down. I dont think you should be expecting a wild sound.

12. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Both switches to the right, knobs set low into a RAT set very gainy, into light chorus and medium delay will produce heavenly tones. And as it phases, the harmonics are constantly changing as you play. It's a beautiful thing.