HD500 - New Wah Pedal - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by GuitarKidd, Feb 16, 2012.

1. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

I want to get a stand along Wah pedal. How well does the HD500 take a stand alone wah pedal? For example Guitar>Wah>H500. Or is it better to put the wah in the effect loop.

I've also looked at the Mission pedal, but I think I want it to be stand alone.

I'm also looking at these Cry Baby's - Slash, Joe B., Zakk Wylde,... Or maybe even just an original. I do rock, blues, contemporary church stuff mainly. Anyone have experience with these wahs or should I look at a morely or even vox.

Cheers

2. SquashPile

SquashPile Member

No problem here Guitar -> Cry Baby -> Guitar input on 500.

3. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

If you don't have a requirement to run on batteries... The Ibanez Weeping Demon wah, is SUPER versatile and can sound a lot like others wahs, very subtle to really over the top. Built like a tank, sounds and feels great to use too. It's a complete Battery hog though... for pedalboard use only.

I got my kid a Vox 845 Wah last year and it sounds super... not nearly as twhackety-Thwackety as the Basic Crybaby.

4. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

Works perfectly, no problems.

I do that to free up the HD500 expression pedal for other stuff.

5. mpr

mpr Member

And how are the HD500 wahs, both in terms of sound, and the usability of actual pedal on the unit?

3dognate: How would you compare the Dunlop, V845, and WD7 for various types of music?

6. DRS

DRS Member

They're OK. I think the much maligned BOSS Virtual Wah sounds better comparing digital to digital. Not as good as my Dunlop JH wah.

7. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Well... I pulled the trigger on a....

Dunlop Zakk Wylde Sig. Model. I know I know.. but to be honest, I listened to several examples last night from the dunlop offerings and Ibanez and vox. I really like the tonal range that the Wylde model offers. Just has that real throaty "fassel" sound.