1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

HD500 single preamp + dual cabs???

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by dbun, May 24, 2011.

1. dbun

dbun Member

Just picked up a HD500, however, been a little disappointed hitting the DSP brick wall when dialing in dual amp patches.

I've managed to work around most of the issues by compromising on the amps used, e.g. instead of a dual AC30 patch I use an AC30+AC15 patch which lets you get more effects in before you hit the DSP wall.

I was wondering though, is it possible to dial in an AC30 patch but then run two cabinets after, instead of two entire amps?? I'm sure this would really help reduce the DSP load and also give you some of the benefits of a dual amp setup.

The main reason for using dual amps is that I like to use two different mic settings and set one amp with a small 20ms delay in front. Really helps fatten things up.

The same could be achieved with a single preamp and dual cabs after with less hit on the DSP, which then means more options for your effects.

Maybe a possible feature request??

2. coderKen

coderKen Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

This would be a feature request for sure.

In the mean time, have you tried using just the pre models instead of two full amp models? That can give you a lot more DSP room.

3. dbun

dbun Member

No, I haven't tried this. Will have to give it a go...thanks!