HD500 through Vetta II question

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Guitarjon, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Guitarjon

Guitarjon Member

Hi,

I own a Line6 Vetta II stack amp.
    I love this amp but I'm going to try to use my HD500 through the amp.
    I've tried this succesfully by using the FX loop, this seemed to work well.
    This also sounded pretty good!
    But I have a few questions:

-How loud should I set the master volume on my POD, can I set it to max?
    -I wasn't able to get any sound out of my vetta without having a cable plugged into the amps input, is there a way around this? Or should there always be a jack in the input?
    -Any further tips?

Thanks!

Jon

2. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

I own a Vetta combo too... gonna subscribe to this one for future knowledge.

3. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

I play my HD500 through my Vetta I combo. It's my standard gigging rig these days.

I usually have the master on my HD500 set at 12 o'clock, then adjust the volume on the Vetta so that it is outputting at the sound level I want. That allows me to easily adjust the volume up or down on the HD500 instead of having to mess with the amp itself.

Yes, you must have a cable plugged into the input jack on the Vetta (and on Flextones too). I use George L cables, so I just plug in an unused George L plug into the input jack. You could also go to Radio Shack and purchase just a 1/4" plug and use it instead.

I don't have any other tips - just remember you can use the Vetta's on-board global EQ and reverb boost/cut knobs if you want. They come in handy for me at gigs where I want to make small adjustments to compensate for the room dynamics.