He don't like the Mustang Floor

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by MONSTER ZERO, Apr 2, 2015.

1. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

So I'm getting it back at a discount! LOL! I knew I was destined to hold onto that thing. Sounds great with my Bandit. Going to make a nice practice rig at home. I sold it for $180.00 a few weeks ago with the custom carry case and I'm getting it back for $120.00.

So all told I've paid $225.00 for it and the carry case. Still have over a year left on the warranty.

Not even sure why I sold it in the first place.. Oh ya gear in/gear out sez the Boss lady.

Who knows maybe I'll get adventurous and hook it up to my new Mustang IV and see if I like it. I dunno I'm really digging the Range Booster on the IV.

2. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

That dude you sold it to and bought it from got a pretty raw deal.

3. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Ya I know. Good for me I guess. He messaged me asking if I wanted it back. I said how much? He said 120. I'm not going to get into reverse brow beating and ask to pay more.

Selling it to him for 180 with the carry case wasn't a bad deal for him. Selling it back to me that cheap? Eh.. I know one thing I'm going to make sure it's the same one and it works. No parking lot meet up stuff.

I once knew a guy who would buy broken gear and shop around for the same thing at GC and other Music shops and use parts from the good gear to fix his broken gear then return the formerly good gear for a refund and sell the now fixed gear on craigslist. GC caught on to him but I dont know if some of the other shops did. They should have had him arrested for fraud. Instead they just banned him. He also used to hang out in music shop parking lots watching for people going in with gear and try to buy it out from under the shop. I know him personally. He's a scumbag. He calls it Krelling or something.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  4. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

^^Gotcha. Good deal for sure, buy the dude a couple beers next time you see him (not the fraudster!!)

5. jmp

jmp Supporting Member

I have bought/sold/re-bought a Mustang Floor, as well. I sold it thinking there was better out there, but for my needs and my budget it turned out to be the best thing out there. I'm running it through an IK Multimedia iLoud portable studio monitor and it's all I need at the moment for playing at home along with backing tracks. If I ever start playing out I'll grab a FRFR monitor.

6. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

I know it's been said a million times here so I'm going to say it for the millionth but make this 1,000,001. The Mustang Series are outstanding pieces of gear that can hang with gear costing 10X the price.

A little aside here I got to trying out my Mustang IV direct through my PA System last night and for whatever reason it sounds way better than my MF did direct. Could be because I changed mixers to the QSC TM16 from a Phonic IS16, I dunno but I'll find out soon when I pick up my MF again.

7. jordans0nly

jordans0nly Member

I thought about getting the MF again, but when I had it running it through direct, it sounded..just ok. Are you guys running infront of amps?