Head Switching Options?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TimH, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Home use = De Lisle
    Live use = Metropoulos

2. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Supporting Member

I have the original Head Master and emailed George about the MKII when it came out. They’re both taller than a single rack space unfortunately. George said the MKII is 2.25” tall w/out feet.

3. gtrbarbarian

gtrbarbarian Silver Supporting Member

Your tone is doubtful, and you sir are entitled to that opinion. However, I don't find it interesting at all. Tim Pierce is using a different model, the simpler model. Also I don't subscribe to logic fallacy, in this case "Appeal to Authority" . I admire Tim, and I'm glad he gets on with these units. I did not, I ran into ground loop feedback, and the first one was DOA as I stated above. I'm damn glad I listed to my gut before I had any issues with an actual amp. It could be that our experiences were just fluke, or it could be that there are a couple of issues still to be worked out. Either way, our experiences in this thread out number Tim's experience 3 to 1. It could be that we're all shills for Amppete...but I'm not. Not even in the music biz...and it's unlikely the two other posters are either.

I wanted this unit to work for me....but for the cost it better dang well work flawlessly, and I should feel confident I'm not going to have an amp poop the bed , and that is a solid No and No. I'm not going to sugar coat it.

Try it for yourself, you may have a different experience.

4. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

I'm not trying to belittle your experiences at all. I've only heard great things about these units and was trying to rule out some things. That said, I apologize if it appeared I was making light of everyone's experiences. Not the case. I mainly am curious if the units were A) being used in any different or unusual manner and B) What the response was from Kahayan.

5. gtrbarbarian

gtrbarbarian Silver Supporting Member

I returned mine under the sweetwater 30 day return, and frankly I was bummed to do so. Especially since I had bought a S ton of cables. I also bought a few 'feedback destroyers' to try to solve to feedback issues. To no avail. I don't like returning things if I can make it work. I couldn't and that's a lot of mulah on a non-workable solution.

tinkercity likes this.
  6. Heiko

Heiko Member

7. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

8. tnjazz

tnjazz Silver Supporting Member

I have an Ampete 444 and it’s pretty fantastic. That being said, I’m about to order a Kahayan and see if it will work better for my purposes. Really can’t say enough good things about Ampete though. It’s been flawless. I’ve just outgrown it to the point where I need to find an alternative.

9. mhenson42

mhenson42 Supporting Member

I have an Ampete 444 (I had 2 but just sold one) great unit and works flawlessly. I liked it better than the competition because of the shared FX and line out. Current have it setup to run 4 different heads in w/d/w...using the line out for FX and a noise gate in the shared FX loop.