Headrush MX5

ixnay

That MF coupon is not store-wide, and the MX5 isn't listed. Maybe if you call. I remember the days when GC hade store-wide sales of up to half off regularly. I guess they where optimistic about growth.

MF will give you the 15% off on just about anything 'excluded' from their coupons if you call/chat/email. If they don't, call back and try again. You'll get someone that knows what they're doing eventually. Worked for me anyway, and I only had to call once.

zestystrat

My Sweetwater guy said it’s “brand new unit on pre-order right now. There is nothing I can do on it.”

pbognar

Did I read somewhere that there is no support for 2 additional footswitches via the TRS expression pedal jack? That would be a shame for live use.

the swede

Did I read somewhere that there is no support for 2 additional footswitches via the TRS expression pedal jack? That would be a shame for live use.
support? what do you mean
The expression jack is meant to be used with an expression pedal. The jack is "tied" to the expression/volume effects block. You could in practice plugin a single switch, but it would only be used to jump between two values in the parameters avalible in the expression/volume stuff.

The built in pedal has an A/B function. If anything is plugged in the expression jack, it will be either an A or B function, and the headrush pedal will be either A or B.

pbognar

The expression jack is meant to be used with an expression pedal. The jack is "tied" to the expression/volume effects block. You could in practice plugin a single switch, but it would only be used to jump between two values in the parameters avalible in the expression/volume stuff.

Thank you, that's good to know. It sounds like a firmware update could fix that, but we must accept it for what it is now. I suppose a MIDI footswitch could be used for patch selection.

timbuck2

thanx so how would you add more switches to it? i have a behringer fcb pedal with pedals and switches and can i somehow use that

the swede

thanx so how would you add more switches to it? i have a behringer fcb pedal with pedals and switches and can i somehow use that
I would go midi.
Hotone ampero control would be a perfect candidate.

here is the functions that can be used by external midi controllers.
CC# Action
50 Footswitch 1
51 Footswitch 2
52 Footswitch 3
64 Tap Tempo
65 Looper: 1/2 Speed
66 Looper: 2X Speed
67 Looper: 1/2 Loop
68 Looper: 2X Loop
69 Looper Start/Stop
70 Looper Record
71 Looper Insert
72 Looper Peel
73 Looper Mute
74 Looper Reverse
75 Block 1 Toggle On/Off
76 Block 2 Toggle On/Off
77 Block 3 Toggle On/Off
78 Block 4 Toggle On/Off
79 Block 5 Toggle On/Off
80 Block 6 Toggle On/Off
81 Block 7 Toggle On/Off
82 Block 8 Toggle On/Off
83 Block 9 Toggle On/Off
84 Block 10 Toggle On/Off
85 Block 11 Toggle On/Off

Evilution

I would think the Behringer FCB1010 should be able to do pretty much anything that is possible to control in the MX5, it may be an old construction that Behringer has sold for the last 20 years, but its very capable. I own two FCB´s since 15 years or so myself (one is backup) and its the controller i still use. It seems a bit big to use with a MX5 though, i think its about 3-4 times the size. It seems like a real mistake to not be able to use a two button switch in the expression jack, many other pedals can do that.

timbuck2

I would think the Behringer FCB1010 should be able to do pretty much anything that is possible to control in the MX5, it may be an old construction that Behringer has sold for the last 20 years, but its very capable. I own two FCB´s since 15 years or so myself (one is backup) and its the controller i still use. It seems a bit big to use with a MX5 though, i think its about 3-4 times the size. It seems like a real mistake to not be able to use a two button switch in the expression jack, many other pedals can do that.
yes i have used my fcb1010 for years for stuff....its a tank...like my tonelab se is a tank too

timbuck2

anyone compare the zoom g6 to the mx5? one glaring thing is g6 has no stereo effects loop. I have a cdr70 i like in effects loops..its stereo so i would want a stereo loop..

Last edited:

Toby Krebs

If you do a little homework you can just switch patches within a bank on the MX5.Buy the Gigantor Headrush Pedalboard used if you want to turn effects on/off within a patch.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom