Headrush MX5

kartikg3

Another nice video from Dave Bode on using external drives with the MX5. The video starts off sounding like a pitch to why folks should use external drives with modelers, but wait for the end. Towards the end he makes an argument as to why we may NOT need external pedals because the amp models could achieve the sound you need. He ends up saying he is going to return the external drive in favour of the MX5.

timbuck2

I got my replacement MX5 yesterday - played with it for probably a couple hours. The footswitches seem super solid so far - just used for turning on/off Tubescreamer/RAT/delay mostly - no glitches. So far, I'm very happy I opted to get another one. Sounds great and super fun. :)

And....I just ordered the York MRSH M25 4x12 ir pack so I'm about to dive into making me some Marshall rigs.

Altho, I thought the York Cream M65 and Mesa V30 2x12's sounded great with the Headrush J45 model last night, it'll be nice to compare. Ok, that's five York ir packs I think...I'm done for awhile. All bases covered - Fender, Vox, Marshall.

I should be able to cover both kinds of music now: Maiden AND Sabbath. Lol :D
Which york can double as good with the j45 AND the vox?

Chimey

Which york can double as good with the j45 AND the vox

I have the Cream m65 and VX30 212 BLUE too but I haven't even gotten to the Vox yet. I've been going back and forth all morning between York and Redwirez M25 Greenbacks 4x12 on the Plexi. Good times! :D

Chimey

This is crazy, I know I'm gonna end up getting the Redwirez Bigbox Vintage Classics pack too....then I gotta be done for awhile. Lol :cool:

Fireheart7

Is anyone using any of the Redwirez BIGbox ✘: Vintage Classics ir pack with any of the Headrush amps?

I know I just bought a bunch of York ir packs, but I'm ir rabbit hole tweaking now, lol, and I just fired up the free Redwirez Marshall 1960 with G12M25 Greenbacks and I like the clarity, in your face quality, of the single mics in that pack.

Does anyone here use the Redwirez Fenders, Vox, Hiwatt...or others? I'm thinking of getting the Bigbox Vintage Classic pack - there's allot in there for $50....(maybe even wait for an upcoming sale?)

I actually like scrolling thru the Redwirez single mic positions in order of distances from ".0, .5, "1.0...etc, and positions ie: cap, cone, edge..(and they're labeled so I know where I'm at and am learning too) to dial in my ideal tone, rather than rely on mixes, which sound less clear to me anyway, (making rigs for live use to PA)

In terms of free IRs, I am fond of the Seacow packs. The American Invasion and their Christmas packs have some gold in there.

alex mansman

Which york can double as good with the j45 AND the vox?

Greenbacks are so overlooked when it comes to a great pairing with AC30s, largely because of the AlNiCo blue tradition surrounding the amp. Specifically 20w GBs, but I think YA only offers the 25w version in the form of the Marshall 4x12 "MRSH 412 M25" pack and the Friedman pack as well. For a free alternative Leon Todd's LT TV Mix IRs offer the same speaker in a similar cab. Links can be found in any of Leon's videos

Fireheart7

Seacow website isn't working right I don't think. Keep getting "oops nothing to see here" when clicking on Xmas/AI packs. Maybe they're no longer free? I can't find any ir's on their site.

For what I can tell, now you get their free loader which includes "hundreds of IRs..." The website says you can use the loader to mix and match IRs and then export them to load to your hardware.
Back when I got mine, you just downloaded IRs, now it seems they have added their loader to do it.

hbb

Is anyone using any of the Redwirez BIGbox ✘: Vintage Classics ir pack with any of the Headrush amps?

I know I just bought a bunch of York ir packs, but I'm ir rabbit hole tweaking now, lol, and I just fired up the free Redwirez Marshall 1960 with G12M25 Greenbacks and I like the clarity, in your face quality, of the single mics in that pack.

Does anyone here use the Redwirez Fenders, Vox, Hiwatt...or others? I'm thinking of getting the Bigbox Vintage Classic pack - there's allot in there for $50....(maybe even wait for an upcoming sale?)

I actually like scrolling thru the Redwirez single mic positions in order of distances from ".0, .5, "1.0...etc, and positions ie: cap, cone, edge..(and they're labeled so I know where I'm at and am learning too) to dial in my ideal tone, rather than rely on mixes, which sound less clear to me anyway, (making rigs for live use to PA)

I don’t have my Headrush anymore but I have mixir3 and use all of the packs with my quad cortex and axe fx 3 and they are awesome and very easy to use.

Chimey

For what I can tell, now you get their free loader which includes "hundreds of IRs..." The website says you can use the loader to mix and match IRs and then export them to load to your hardware.
Back when I got mine, you just downloaded IRs, now it seems they have added their loader to do it.

Seacow website won't let you download or sign up to get the ir loader either. You click on the "how to get ir loader" and it just says "coming soon".

ujnhunter

Off topic but in response to everyone talking about Seacow Cabs, they're working with Audio Assault making IRs and working on plugins for them now, so the old Freebies may no longer be around, you can check the AA website as I think there may be some Freebie sampler packs from Seacow Cabs there.

timbuck2

Off topic but in response to everyone talking about Seacow Cabs, they're working with Audio Assault making IRs and working on plugins for them now, so the old Freebies may no longer be around, you can check the AA website as I think there may be some Freebie sampler packs from Seacow Cabs there.
someone must have dowloarded the seacab stuff and can link in dropbox maybe?

zestystrat

kartikg3

Yep. They announced a couple of weeks ago that they were taking it down for maintenance and improvements - much needed if you ask me :)

Yup, and they also mentioned that they are doing other web upgrades like adding more information about effects and parameters, which would be very handy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom