• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Heads up to guys w/ the new Fender TSA case

schmit

I just sold my 08 Fender Strat with the new TSA hard case. I shipped it off, packed to the max, and because of the case and FedEx, the guitar arrived with a nice big dent in the side of the body.
It seems the fastener that holds the latch onto the case caused the dent.
Its a form fit and the fastener head is under a small amount of padding. When FedEx obviously jolted the box, the body of the guitar rammed into it. There was no damage to the box or case....
So please if you have one of these cases, do yourself a favor and either change the fastener or pad it so this doesn't happen to you.
Here's a link to the pics of the fastener, the dent and where it is in relation to the guitar when placed in the case......its the right side of the right latch.
The buyer couldn't have been nicer and FedEx took care of the situation.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee32/schmit57/Am%20Strat/?action=view&current=AmerStan.jpg

gtraddict

Thanks for the forewarning and everything, sorry to have to hear you to go through this
But at least it got fixed

Randaddy

Oh no! I didn't expect to see my case. I had no idea it had this design problem. Thanks for the heads up.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
I have an '08 tele with that style case, but the latches are completely different. I wonder if they upgrade because of this potential? I did buy it used, so I wonder if my case is older...

Mine has metal latches on it.

GAD

Trending Topics