Headstock Decal Ideas for Partscasters

Trick Fall

Let me start off by saying I would in no way ever want to be responsible for putting together a guitar that could be passed off as a Fender, or any other brand guitar.

That said I purchased a neck today to put together a Tele style guitar and I'm not a big fan of no logo on the headstock. It will take me a while to get all the parts together for this build, but in the meantime I thought it would be fun to see what others have done and try to come up with something cool and creative to put on there.

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
I can’t find a pic right now, but when I build my 2nd parts-o-caster, I made a logo. It has my last name in the Mistral font, with a little pouring Jack Daniels bottle. Created it, and got this clear sheet for decals that could go through a printer and did it up. Looks fun - again, sorry I have no current photo!

Ah - here is the JD pic I shrunk and put next to my name - it shrinks well and stays easy to see:
1600277434464.jpeg

cwz

Had a similar issue when I bought a Musikraft neck. I didn't want to put a Fender decal on it because, well it wasn't. Too lazy to make a decal, and I don't think the ink jet printer I have would have been able to do it.
After getting tired of looking at the blank spot I just shaped a piece of scrap wood I had laying around and stuck it on with a drop or two of superglue. Probably should have used hot melt just to make removal easier, if it ever comes to that.
str.jpg

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
Very cool

Thank you! I built a “Tele Special” - a light Korina body stained Gibson SG raw-steak cherry (short scale, too). So I gave it a black headstock face, and my Name logo is in a golden yellow, and the Jack Daniels logo pops nicely. Man, I gotta get a pic.

Jecht

I saw a picture of someone's guitar where they had a logo laser engraved onto their partscaster. I would love to have to have the same thing done to mine.

Tony Done

Had a similar issue when I bought a Musikraft neck. I didn't want to put a Fender decal on it because, well it wasn't. Too lazy to make a decal, and I don't think the ink jet printer I have would have been able to do it.
After getting tired of looking at the blank spot I just shaped a piece of scrap wood I had laying around and stuck it on with a drop or two of superglue. Probably should have used hot melt just to make removal easier, if it ever comes to that.
View attachment 278197

I've thought about doing something like that as inlay, maybe using a bog made from cement dye and epoxy rather than a solid material. Another possibility I've considered is a shaped hole something like that.

Coopster

I've just started the process of this. My little dachshund I've had for 16+ years passed and I've decided to make a commemorative partscaster in his name. I ordered some decals from Rothko & Frost that are on the way. It'll be a Mr. Wiggles Rolocaster. Probably take me a year or two to put it all together but it's going to happen.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom