Heard a Skyrdstrup OD amp....WOW!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by toneman335, Mar 5, 2008.

1. toneman335

toneman335 Member

Recently heard a Skrydstrup OD amp and it simply sounded amazing. Just wondering why I don't seem to heard a buzz about these amps.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

I had one, good amp. Acually had the one the clips where made with, and for that reason wished I would have keeped it.

3. toneman335

toneman335 Member

Anyone play or hear a Skrydstrup OD amp lately? If so, what did you think?

4. voodoosound

voodoosound Funk & Grooven member Silver Supporting Member

Had one sold it to fund an emerald pro.

5. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

GREAT amp, very flexible put a bit to polite for my taste. I found that my now sold Mystic (by Tommy Cougar) and his later Custom By Cougar (have a few one offs and a Mystic Blues Star) has much mora character and mojo so they got played more. I do miss my Skrydstrup... Serial no Anders 01

6. Rocket Brother

Rocket Brother Member

I own a Skrydstrup OD 50, and I´d have to say it´s my favorite amp overall and I own other standout amps. The OD 50 has fantastic clean and od tones, and everything in between. It can be polite as noted, but it can also roar, and it takes pedals as good as any other amp I´ve tried. Also Steen Skrydstrup will tune the gain structure of the OD 50 for your playing style/needs so it´s a very personal amp. The amp is build like a brick shithouse, it´s never made a hiccup, and to a pro guitarist reliability is a major issue.

For those that seek more drive and hi-gain in their amps than the OD 50 can provide, either hook up your fave dist. pedal (Skrydstrup makes very nice stumpboxes also) or perhaps try out the SD 50 (SD=SuperDrive) amp which is equaly nice but geared more towards pure rock ´n roll.

abergdal, I think I know the guy who has your old amp now, and he´s a very happy camper.

7. Distortion

Distortion Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, but you sell everything.. :D

But so do I..

I wish I still had it too...