Heatley Just Arrived!!!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by whoofnagle, Jun 17, 2005.

1. whoofnagle

whoofnagle Member

Well I got the call at the office today that my guitar had successfully made it out of Memphis yesterday and was on my doorstep. It was so hard to make it throught hte next several hours. As I rushed home all I could think about was what the best would look like when I opened the case. When I started to open it, my wife was more anxious than I was. It must be all of the talk about this guitar for the last year!

When I opened the case I was speechless. The guitar really looked wonderful. The color on the body is little darker than the pictures, which is fine by me.:D

The neck, where do I start with the neck. Man is it great. Scott put a very light coat of lacquer on it, thus with some play I should hit bare wood down the road. The size is perfect. It is a little smaller than the 59 carve on my Baker, which is exactly what I asked for when Scott and I talked.

Enough said, I have some playing to do. If there are any folks in the northern virginia area who are thinking about a Heatley let me know and I would be more than willing to let you get a first hand look at his work.

Here are a few more pics that I took today.

I will post a tone report in the future, but what little I have heard sounds great!

Bill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hansoloist

hansoloist Supporting Member

Wow. That is a jaw-dropper for sure. You must give us a full report once you've spent some time with it!!! This makes me all the more excited to get mine. Enjoy!

peace
    -jeff

3. fretnot

fretnot Gold Supporting Member

very nice. the neck joint rules! :dude

4. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

Congrats, another stunning heatley, wow, love that neck.

Kudos!

5. Kappy

Kappy Member

Nice axe! Congrats.

6. Shadscbr

Shadscbr Member

That really looks great.....I love to see all of these new Heatley creations. Scott has performed his magic once again, congrats to all involved :)

Shad

7. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Outstanding! Congrats!!!!!

8. edgarallanpoe

edgarallanpoe Member

The Heatley Tradition is on my short lists of "must have" guitars. I owned one briefly but the neck shape just didn't suit me...I bought it used. I want one with a BIG neck! LOL!!

9. emjee

emjee Supporting Member

Amazing top. It looks like its on fire! What kinda wood is the neck and fretboard?

emjee

10. whoofnagle

whoofnagle Member

The are both Cocobolo. This is the best feeling neck I have ever played. Being that this was my first custom guitar, I was the most nervous about the neck, but Scott nailed it. It is soo smooth. I can slide down the fret board like never before.

I am sooooo happy!!:D

Bill

11. Quinny

Quinny Member

Woooooow!!! Love the spec of that guitar.... what an axe!!! Congrats! Be sure to post a tone report when you get the chance, I'd love to hear what you think of this one tonally.

Q.

12. Dave Bacon

Dave Bacon Member

Very very very nice there Bill. Bet that makes the wait for the Thorn a little easier to take. Actually, I'm sure its been just as hard waiting for that.

Dave