Hectic Watermelon TAB downloadski (Sibelius Content)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by John Czajkowski, Jan 29, 2008.

1. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Here is a score with TAB for one of our more straight ahead tunes, Steve's Stunt Double, dedicated to Steve Morse and the Dregs. It's track number 9 on the album with Jerry Goodman, the Great American Road Trip. I finally got around to TABing it out for Bruce Egnater. Go Bruce-daddy!

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/Steve_sStuntDouble_Score_TAB.pdf

If you don't have the audio for the tune and protest iTunes, here is a BubeTube video of us slogging it out live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-W-de-cov4

EDIT: Audio added

Here is a good section of the audio from the album with Jerry to read/play along with. Feel free to ask any question if something isn't clear or working for you:

Steve's Stunt Double (longer sample)

2. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...good stuff John C!:dude

...Darren with the broken left toe!

...so when is that Hectic Watermelon gig coming up?:confused:

...lookin' forward to visiting the compound with Fractal Audio in tow...

3. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Good video footage mon! Thanks again. The Indie Musicfest is the end of March and we are headlining the number two stage (of six), so that will get us out of hiding!

Yeah, bring that thing down here, buddy...I can't wait to see how it replaces my entire studio! :rotflmao

4. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Yo JC ...
    Are you friends with Morse?

5. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...that might happen Johnny!;)

...fantastic tune and you guys make it look easy...

...maybe an "F Street Fulano" TAB next...eh?:cool:

...John, don't you have a Master's Degree in Music Composition? What are you doing with TAB?:D

6. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Sup Big J!

I noticed you had Paramahansa Yogananda on your myspace. Hasn't he passed on to greater adventures? Did he authorize that myspace? I recall reading THE book, Autobiography of a Yogi in a high school philosophy class back in the day. It was beyond inspiring...so much so that I went back and re-read it a few years ago. I would often draw upon it in some of my more trying SEAL adventures. A very amazing human he was.

Steve...he's one of these super cool guys who makes everyone who meets him one feel like he's your friend, and he has a ridiculous memory for details. Even though we correspond occasionally, I don't really consider him a friend. To me he is a mega-mentor. Enlightened musicians don't even need to be alive to do this for us - from Bach to Zappa. Their music is out there. It's there to be learned, studied, set in motion and felt by all...it's the living thing we all hope to leave in our wake. You know the deal...like Paramahansa.:YinYang

7. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

John, we will at this point cease all discussion of that box lest this thread deteriorate into yet another...:jo let the pizza and beer be the judge.

I have F Street and pretty much the rest of that album all scored out if you want to read through any of it. It just isn't TAB'ed out. I TAB'ed this one for Bruce Egnater who I spied trying to play thorough some of this tune by ear at NAMM.

8. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

That is just wickedly profound. Cool. :AOK

9. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

John thanks for sharing your great music with us I shall be checking out the very pro looking TAB. The YouTube vid is great you control that amazing rig so well and stay on top of your playing. The different guitar sounds work so well with the track .......and all the synth blending as well !!!!
    Playing, Writing and sounds as usual top notch. :AOK

10. scoob

scoob Member

wow. I don't practice enough.

11. scoob

scoob Member

oh, is that a MIDI hookup to get the "whistle" type sound doubling your guitar lines? Cool stuff.

12. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks. Yeah, that's the AXON AX100 triggering a Kurzweil box. It is a really good trackign system that works the best with a with piezo hexaphonic pickups.

13. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Vielen Dank! I wish we weren't rushing in this video, but it's all I have! Hey, it felt ok at the moment...(famous last words) :)

14. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

EDIT: Audio added

Here is a good section of the audio from the album with Jerry to read/play along with. Feel free to ask any question if something isn't clear or working for you:

Steve's Stunt Double (longer sample)

15. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks Bub, and thanks for the PM bringing the TAB irregularity in mm 33 and 41 to my attention. For anyone concerned about it, just finger as in m 31.

16. lhallam

lhallam Member

Amazing how you manage to make it sound like a quartet.

Among the many you mention, you are also an inspiration John, keep it up.

17. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks lhallam, that is sort of the challenge of the trio thing that keeps it fun...monkeying around with gear and arrangements to attempt that effect. Also, it is easier when the tune inherently involves a counterpoint textures or call and response figures/hits like in the Dregs tune, Cruise Control, that we like to cover. I posted a live video of it in this other thread if you like this type if thing.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=274222&page=4

18. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

John,

That band of yours is sick! Wonderful guitar work and the sounds.......
    You're something else man.
    But I'm not sure about the hat :NUTS

Best, IOU

Chuck

19. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Hey Chuck, so you don't dig my anti-rock guitarist hat? :rotflmao

I agree that IOU is a great album, but I don't know it's Allan's very best. :p

20. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Oh now that I get it I dig it!
    Anti-rock it is!
    Actually after a little thought I think you should have your daughter design a hectic watermelon hat ;)

Chuck