Hedgehog Day one

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by fatbagg, Mar 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fatbagg

fatbagg Supporting Member

I will save a review for after a few weeks so that my we’re are honest and articulate! This is not a clone, not a rehash, it is something fresh and new and truly nothing out there is quite like it. Inspired by some things and drawn certain goals from somewhere? Sure, inspiration creates dreams. It was aimed at such a style, but carved it’s own path getting there. Here are some Day 1 sounds, A clean that is unique and familiarly shrouded in mystique, but still new, followed by me
    Trying to draw a Plexi like Rock tone because my SL67 was next to me. Sounded great.

Low Gain Lead, with a fluid attack. Not me, the amp! It was quieter in this setting so you can hear strings, but louder the amp in this setting let’s notes flow in unbelievably.

This sound was me really just trying to see how much gain I could pull. Sometimes when I’m researching amps I wish I could find how much gain an amp has NOT doing metal, haha. No offense! I found, however, that I absolutely love this sound.

2. bsic

bsic Supporting Member

On your last vid pushing the gain, boost isn’t engaged?

fatbagg likes this.
  3. MHG

MHG Member

Nice! Finally a few good clips of this amp! As with the SLO, this was another amp that didn't have any clips that really did the amp justice......including Suhr's clips. You just did them a big favor, as these are the clips that'll sell the amp for them.

fatbagg likes this.
  4. bsic

bsic Supporting Member

I’ll add to the hog lovin!! I recorded this last week. Also tried to record a more interactive vid demoing the settings but it ran too long, will take another crack this weekend.

willyboy, AndrewC and fatbagg like this.
  5. fatbagg

It is not. The boost is really cool, but Inuse open low strong while soloing a lot as a base to setup modal lines, and the boost doesn’t keep it as clean with the gain higher. With the gains back a bit the boost works great, but my my hands I like the tone without a little better!

6. fatbagg

Good was gracious, THAT is tone! Dude I love it!

7. fatbagg

How about absolute endless sustain? Never had an amp do this!

homeunit and bsic like this.
  8. fatbagg

I’m trying to have the guys at Suhr hire me to travel to dealers and demo these things, haha! But seriously, I have had 3 people offer to buy it!

MHG likes this.
  9. bsic

bsic Supporting Member

DROOL.... yep, doesnt that just feel incredible? I want to leave work and go home and play mine :)

10. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Sweet, now I get it.