Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. gtr37

gtr37 Member

So once again
    Will 2.8 be released
    Before Cliff launches and starts to ship FM3

Place your bets

2. John Mark Painter

John Mark Painter Silver Supporting Member

But not

Fireproof likes this.
  3. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member

Maybe 2.9 will be ready before 2.8.

57 posts...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Greatdane likes this.
  4. aruark1

aruark1 Member

I thought of a real question!!!! Will the tearing on the strobe tuner be fixed in this one?

5. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

Yes.

6. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

I don't want to put that kind of pressure on any company :anon:hide2:D
    Requests for updated reporting went past regular business hours so we'll have to make it up on the back end. Projections are looking very promising :drink

7. rezidentura

rezidentura Member

Just played a gig and the other band which played with us
    (Just awesome btw) used an LT just like me. Its the first helix other than my own which I've heard in person. Whats neat at least to me is how in tune he was to the 2.8 update. Say what you like about helix'rs being impatient or what not but we know our gear and its potential.
    I attended a helix session a couple months ago, same deal. There was maybe one person who wasn't fully versed in the helix the rest were deep into the details (snapshots, IRs routing). Feel like i'm in good company.

Frank Ritchotte, MIJLOVER and PDKTDK like this.
  8. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

It’s a great community!

I do a lot of theater work and it’s been really nice how many guys doing this around here are in the Helix ecosystem.

I had to hire a sub for a few shows and my sub also played Helix, so I was able to just email him my patches for the show. He uploaded them into his own Helix, and was all set with the exact same tones I had been using for the show!

9. leftty

leftty Member

I’m betting on the FM3 coming first

10. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

Thanks, Brock
    I was thinking it would drop any second now, so knowing it'll be a couple weeks helps. Best to put it out of my head for now.

11. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

Put some money on that?

12. precisionguided

precisionguided Member

My helix doesn't cry when I tune with it...

aruark1 and RandoMan like this.
  13. josetxu

josetxu Member

We could raise the bet: what's gonna come first: Helix 2.8, Fractal FM3 or S-gear 2.9?

mikah912 likes this.
  14. BjarneDa

BjarneDa Member

And the bug that sometimes happen when you assign exp pedal to turn on/off block/blocks?
    (Especially a Wah block with 2 EQ blocks simulating Petruccis signature Wah)

Hmm the Wah and EQ blocks is the only effect/s i have tried it on it might work fine on any other effect/parameters when you move the exp pedal :confused.

I have several preset set up so i can turn on the Eq/Wah blocks when i move the exp pedal (A Line 6 Exp Pedal for the old M series) on all 8 snapshots

And after i have moved the pedal alot on snapshot 1 it turn ON the effects on the heel position when it is suppose to turn them OFF

Aas soon as i move it to toe position it turn the effects ON so it is the other way around as i set it up on the presets

And stay so on just snapshot 1 if i change snapshot it will work as normal OFF on heel and ON when i move it to toe position.

But if i go back to the first snapshot the problem is still there.

So i have to change preset and load the previous preset again and then it works fine for awhile until the problem comes back again and sometimes it happens to oither snapshots than snapshot 1.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  15. Rewolf

Rewolf Member

Looking back - our current lament:

thomasjg likes this.
  16. Ugly Bunny

Ugly Bunny Supporting Member

Not entirely unreasonable, but I doubt the FM3 will start shipping withing the next month or two. I think 2.8 will be in the next week or two. Would be interesting, though...

OMG "June" is one of the best SB songs!!! Love that whole album. The SB symbol was my second tattoo. After I got it, I emailed Alan and asked if I could get a limo ride to one of their shows. He was like, "cool tat, and yeah, just as soon as we can get a limo ride to our shows" :D

17. John Mark Painter

That sounds like a conflict with the Snapshot.

I control multiple blocks with my Expression on Stomp a lot and haven’t had one problem with it.

Mine are usually Fuzz, Split path parameters, Wah, Autofilter, Adriatic Delay, Ganymede, Octaver

18. Monstercastle

Monstercastle Supporting Member

IMHO this would have been a great 2.72 quick fix.

aruark1 likes this.
  19. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

I agreee with @John Mark Painter. This doesn’t sound as much like a bug as it does the expected issues that can arise with snapshots and the auto-engage feature. In one sense, it will be dealt with in 2.8 because you’ll be able to disable snapshot bypass for whatever blocks you want in a preset. Things like wah and volume would be good candidates for that.

In the meantime, you might want to check and see if the EXP Position parameter for the pedal you’re using in Global Settings>EXP Pedals is set to Global.

20. John Mark Painter

@phil_m
    Is EXP Global a good all around move?

My normal use is for Drive/Amp gain (on my Helix as well), or I use it for accent effects.

I’m used to saving the Preset with Heel down. But then if the beginning of a song uses the higher drive/Fuzz, i just have to engage the Exp by rocking it

I guess if you were using the EXP as a Volume pedal, Global would be really good.