Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. AZG

AZG Member

In the video the guys mention that they think the models sound a little better. Anyone noticing any improvements or is it all placebo? I didn’t see L6 saying they made any model improvements?

2. dmock66

dmock66 Member

Could be the new default Hi/Low cuts...

tmuka and mabrooks like this.
  3. bdan

bdan Member

Add it like you would a split for parallel paths, having it as a node instead of a dedicated block. This could then be moved around, with the send/return or mix gains etc set within that node.

Welkin and Droopy_TX like this.
  4. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Love the Tweeds, and the Heir Apparent.
    Is the Tone Sovereign like the KoT with both channels stacked?

mabrooks, MIJLOVER and Aquinas like this.
  5. jota

jota Member

Will update later today but I really thought the BPM not showing on the home screen of the Stomp would be fixed.
    Other than that, I don't need much more other than a couple of more blocks to use a pedal in the FX Loop.

kdm1218 likes this.
  6. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

It seems like a good idea on the surface, but think about it. Say you want to split the path into A and B. Maybe to have a different amp on each path and merging back before they go through an IR block, etc. Then you decide you want to go out to your external FX loop somewhere in the middle of path B only. This would imply the implementation of a split in the split, or rather two levels of splitting. Or to put it another way, using the split to send to an FX loop would limit the ability to split the paths for other effects.

In this case it makes more sense to treat the FX loop as a block that can be moved around just like any other effect. At least I'm fairly certain that's how L6 is looking at it.

eoengineer likes this.
  7. rednoise

rednoise Member

I performed the exercise on my new-ish LT and Native, and all seems to have gone well. Since I got it a couple of weeks ago I've just been experimenting, learning the interface and making some disposable tones. The update comes at a good time for me, before I got dependent on any custom presets. So, I'm starting off with a clean slate, which is fine.

The whole process took about 20 - 30 minutes, including reading the instructions a couple times, backing up everything (even though I don't have anything worth backing up,) downloading Edit and Native and running the update through Updater. I haven't stress-tested it yet, but so far so good!

MIJLOVER likes this.
  8. BoogieZilla

BoogieZilla Member

Split EQ is epic....

Got an amp with too much low end, but changing bass middle or treble loses the magic? Use the split EQ after it.

I imagine you could use it in front of amps for cool things as well, taming a bright guitar, etc...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Guitarzman and MojoRisin like this.
  9. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX Member

Helix Native doesn't crash with wifi disabled!!!

Yea!!! :banana

MojoRisin and MIJLOVER like this.
  10. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member

Fulterton is sounding really good through the PC+ Creamback.

I can't seem to tear myself away to try the other stuff.

11. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

QUESTION

Is it now possible to turn note sync off and on from a footswitch or with MIDI?

12. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

HA = Prince of Tone
    TS = King of Tone

LordByron and GtrWiz like this.
  13. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk Silver Supporting Member

14. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

I've played at least 6 gigs with the beta versions and had no issues during any of them. It's likely very safe to update.

15. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

According to the Worship Tutorials video demo comparing the HA and TS to a real KoT, yes, the TS is like a KoT with both sides on/stacked.

LordByron, FlyingsCool and GtrWiz like this.
  16. ghostrider

ghostrider Silver Supporting Member

I tried this but the updater can’t find the Helix :(

17. ghostrider

ghostrider Silver Supporting Member

Mine was stuck on 50% for a really long time after displaying the expected error message. I gave up, closed the updater, rebooted Helix holding down footswitches 5+6 as suggested above, opened up the updater and it can’t locate the Helix.

What can I try next? :dunno

18. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

Ok got through the Helix Floor FW2.8 update. Froze at 50%, killed the updater and rebooted the Helix. Going to reset/reload backup. Tried to move on to updating the PC+ to 2.0, but the updater only shows 1.01.00 available, as does the L6 site. So... not out yet, I assume... any ETA on that one? Can't see it's been asked, or I missed it...

19. schmokes15

schmokes15 Member

Haven’t seen any mention, but it looks like the strobe tuner was updated. Looks and works great. I still suck, but at least I’m in perfect tune while I’m sucking.

20. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

Are you sure you're running the latest updater? I updated the PC+ to 2.0 and it took a few minutes.

LordByron and Guitarzman like this.