Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. PDKTDK

PDKTDK Member

I should’ve taken the day off… Two more hours!

Monstercastle likes this.
  2. Gl4th

Gl4th Member

I don’t have a KoT yet, but the tones I’m getting here with the BB voiced pedals are pretty close to The Duellist BB side.

You did a great job.

MIJLOVER and Frank Ritchotte like this.
  3. NPP

NPP Member

pleased to report the update went smoothly. In no time at all, everything was downloaded, my old presets were restored and I could explore what was new. Exploration soon stopped, with the first new amp model and channel I tried: the Fullerton normal is just such a brilliant, versatile and soulful thing that I completely forgot about trying anything else.

Rocco Crocco, Mildwest and MIJLOVER like this.
  4. Jumi

Jumi Member

Is it just me, or are the grammatico amps pretty good ?

5. kb813

kb813 Supporting Member

i'm having problems downloading the the update. I have the HXEdit and Updater installed. I get a bunch of jibberish when trying to download. I have the SmartScreen feature disabled in MS Edge. I have tried Chrome as well with no luck. I'm running Windows 10.

Any thought?

6. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX Member

I am not suggesting a functional change to SEND/RETURN objects; simply a different manner by which they could be graphically represented, given that available screen real estate and potential clutter are two of the issues cited regarding the Stomp's block limitations.

The objects would function as-is, but simply be displayed as a small breakout point; perhaps a little arrow in a circle similar to the path split object's representation. This would actually be in keeping with the fact that send/returns and path splits are not DSP objects; rather, they routing objects and, rightfully, should be similarly displayed.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. coolhand

coolhand Member

This is a tip for any Mac users running newer builds of the Catalina beta OS.

I have no choice due to my employment - others should really wait until release. If you do have it for whatever reason, you will find that the latest OS build (i think this is new as of an update yesterday) will not allow you to install any Line 6 applications that you download (hx edit, driver, updater, powercab edit, native, etc.). I do not know what Apple changed in this build specifically or why they did so, but Catalina has a ton of irritating but necessary new security “features”. I’m sure this philosophy is behind the change. Please note: the fix requires making a change to the application security settings on your Mac. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY POTENTIALLY NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES OF DOING THIS!!! The most likely risk would be that if you try to install something “fishy”, you may not get the pop-up blocking you from doing so. Most likely, you can revert these settings after the applications are installed. I personally won’t be bothering as I suspect this will become a recurring issue for my work.

Launch the Mac “Terminal” application and type the following (without quotes):
    “sudo spctl --master-disable”
    you will be forced to type your machine admin password.
    once this is done, go to the preferences application and choose “Security & Privacy”
    under “allow apps downloaded from”, select the new “anywhere” option
    when finished you might want to change that back to the first or second option (whatever you were using prior to making the terminal change)

You should then be able to install any of the applications you downloaded.

donnievaz, DeSelby, Fireproof and 3 others like this.
  8. ghostrider

ghostrider Silver Supporting Member

Bump of sadness. :(

9. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

It's my favorite amp in the update, for sure... It's very close to replacing the Deluxe Reverb as my favorite low gain model, I think.

LordByron, Guitarzman, tmuka and 4 others like this.
  10. kennywiegman

kennywiegman Member

Preset update made me happy. Maybe placebo but i feel like i could gig with some of these now, versus before.

11. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

Yep,the new updater that I did the helix 2.80, but when hooked to the pc+, noted the existing fw in my unit and only showed the same as the highest available. L6 site the same.

12. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

John is awesome and his amps are his babies! If you dig them go tell him on his FB page!

LordByron and mikah912 like this.
  13. Kylote

Kylote Member

Make sure the Helix is connected via USB, make sure HX Edit is closed. Run the L6 Updater. Should detect your Helix and then provide you the option to download and install 2.80. Don't download firmware 2.80 straight from the L6 website, let the Updater download and install it.

14. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

It sounds like you're trying to download the flash memory file and the browser is trying to open it. You don't need to download that file. You just need to run Line 6 Updater and follow the prompts. Make sure you read through this beforehand: https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixhx-280-release-notes-r913/

15. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

You can also right-click the installer package, choose Open With > Installer, and then it gives you the option to Open in the Security Warning Dialog. A little easier then turning off the protection.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    DeSelby and UncleFestis like this.
  16. Jugghaid

Jugghaid Member

Crap. Having a problem with the DT integration. I think the problem is the DT though. When I hook it up via midi and run the monkey on it it won't tell me what version it is and it won't update to 2.0.0 either for the flash update. when I hook up DT edit to it, it say it is not connected, but it does actually change the topology and all of the other parameters.

So I don't think it's the helix software, I think it's the DT.

On the bright side, the Revv ch3 is fricking fantastic and my new favorite high gain amp. Holy moly!!!!!! :D

LordByron and FlyingsCool like this.
  17. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

Impulse Response blocks now display as many IR file name characters as will fit in the inspector header

:banana

18. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

I won't be able to install the updates until possibly this weekend. :(

I do see Helix Native 1.80's Release Notes mention that the installation process includes the latest 1.80 Pilot's Guide. Before I get the chance to actually install the updates, is there a direct link to the latest version of the Helix Native Pilot's Guide? Line 6's Manual's section of the site only has the Pilot's Guide - Rev H 1.71 2018 version pdf.

19. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Member

Man am I stoked to get home from work. 1 more hour!

20. Drop the sun

Drop the sun Member

HOLY SHIIIIIT!!! ReVv GENERATOR 120!!!!!!!!!!!!