Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. rer122504

rer122504 Supporting Member

For what it's worth
    I had no issues upgrading
    Haven't had a chance to really dig in yet but so far I like the Fullerton the revv the kot pot and zen

distorted noise and MIJLOVER like this.
  2. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Yea, I just don't find it very useable. Skips all over the place, chooses different strings etc.

3. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

Can't say I've seen a lot of complaints like this after the 2.70 update. Which mode do you have it in?

4. jozh

jozh Member

Today I've rebuild this preset from scratch without copying blocks and it works. I guess the preset was somehow corrupted, allthough the rebuild during the 2.8 update.

Error message on HX Edit:
    Failed to recall snapshot (unknown communication error. [code -8200])
    The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly.

I've opened a ticket ...

5. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

I believe strobe mode. I bought a Boss TU3s because it was playing up so much but if you have any advice for me I'll give it a go! @phil_m

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

Jason just posted a video where he discusses this very issue. He compares his split crossover method with both the shelf and tilt eqs.

MIJLOVER and ghostrider like this.
  7. chrisjw5

chrisjw5 Member

What I find particularly helpful for any new L6 inclusions is to watch YouTube product demo videos from when that new gear first came out. Grammatico has some good videos with Redd Volkert and the 'other' guitarist from the Thunderbirds. It doesn't, obviously, explain the L6 controls, but it's good to hear what it's supposed to sound like.

It's made me adjust settings more with my ears than my eyes, especially now that I have the L6 system for controls somewhat down.

distorted noise likes this.
  8. davidb7170

davidb7170 Member

Same issue here, worked on it yesterday, but ran out of time - have an out of town gig today, so rolled back to 2.71, restored my backup, all worked. Will submit a ticket next week, and probably recreate the problem presets....

Dave

9. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu Member

I'm having an issue after the 1.80 Native update. It says it's on the current version but when I try to load the new amp models it says an error message and won't load them.

10. _pete_

_pete_ Supporting Member

:aok

11. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

12. Mooselake

Mooselake Member

I updated yesterday without a hitch besides a momentary panic that all the switch assignments in my user presets had been lost. Luckily I just had to go into globals and change the "mode" of the switches to stomp or something like that and all was well. Haven't spent much time with it yet though.

13. Guitardave

Guitardave Supporting Member

Thanks! I'm loving the new Tweed. That's a backing track from Youtube. I started a play along thread over in the Playing and Technique forum that has it at both 130 and 170 BPM.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...along-bb-jazz-swing-feel-major-blues.2064297/

I've switched almost entirely to acoustic gigs so my focus is all about bluegrass/fiddle tunes, old swing/standards/cajun stuff. That swing jazz/blues stuff is a good transition for working on all those quick chord changes and major keys.

I'm planning to run the Stomp thru either my Powercab or a Bose L1 Compact I just got. The rhythm guitar drives things a lot so everyone in the band likes to hear that clearly.

Johnny Ninefingers and weshunter like this.
  14. jozh

jozh Member

Hi Dave

Some parameters from the amp are controlled by snapshots. While build up the routing complete new I copied the amp to the new preset and the recall snapshot error occured. I guess it went something wrong with the snapshot controlled block so I added the preset to my ticket.

Have a good gig today!
    Cheers Jochen

15. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

Backup, update, and restore took about 10 minutes total. No issues.

The drives sound great. The Zendrive model dials really close to the BB side of my Duellist with the fat switch engaged. I like the real Prince of Tone better than the real King of Tone and the models strike the same way. I don’t care for the King of Tone and dislike the KOT model for the same reasons :)

MIJLOVER likes this.
  16. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

@Gl4th this has been confirmed by multiple Stomp users, no new factory presets for Stomp.

John Mark Painter likes this.
  17. Gl4th

Gl4th Member

I know, but I didn’t saved them when deleted them all plus the new ones have some minor change in the cab EQ that I wanted to see/learn.
    Anyway, I got them and I’m ok!

18. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

I had a few weird things happen that I figured I'd post. I can't say for sure whether these were "bugs" or something I did.

1.) Last night when I started up, my LT went through the "rebuilding all presets" routine again even though it had done that already during the update and I'd played with it a bunch the day before. It did rebuild successfully and all my previous changes were still there. Still, I can't explain why it happened.

2.) Today I started up StudioOne to test DAW integration and I couldn't get Helix to connect. It would still connect in HX Edit though. So I downloaded the driver (v 1.91) from Line 6, reinstalled it and that worked. So it makes me think that some of the problems people have been seeing may be related to that.

Anyways, do with that information what you will.

19. DenHugo

DenHugo Member

Very Nice! I bet you know of this performance:

Is this "Dave Deluxe Norm" preset included in the update? If so I have to update ASAP!

20. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

That first one, presets rebuilding happened to me before a few times. It’s not an issue.

MojoRisin and Dave Merrill like this.