• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Helix 2.8?

MojoRisin

I've always been interested in the Multiac, since I never miss Doyle Dykes when he comes to town for a clinic. Maybe one day....Congrats on the nice axes.
It was watching Doyle that turned me on to them too. Then the GC here just happened to have one (Nylon SA) in stock when I was looking for a nylon string instrument to stop shredding my fingernails during longer fingerstyle practice sessions. I tried it once and that was that. They're just incredible instruments for the price. But I love my Tele too and I think it really wants that surf green Acoustasonic to keep it company. :love:

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I'm interested in your feelings about the guitar in 60-90 days. I like the idea of them a lot.
I've had mine since late April-ish. I am still really liking mine. I have only gigged with it once or twice (both of my current bands' members seems to be having trouble making themselves available for gigs this summer. :p ), but the acoustic sounds are great and the "electric" settings are decent. It plays very well, like a nice half-way point between an acoustic and a tele. Neck is great. Fantastic fit and finish on it. I foresee holding on to mine for quite a while. for my current bands its not my main guitar, but having it to fill in on acoustic numbers (in place of my Variax) is great and for the occasional solo/duo acoustic(ish) gig, it's perfect.

Kylote

Yea when folks mentioned the tempo shows when you tap it in I have to assume it is floor and/or rack only? Did not notice anything to that effect on LT.

davidb7170

Yea when folks mentioned the tempo shows when you tap it in I have to assume it is floor and/or rack only? Did not notice anything to that effect on LT.
The tempo shows up in the display on the floor strip of the tap tempo/tuner button, so wouldn't be there on the LT.

jaded_musician

Gold Supporting Member
I've had mine since late April-ish. I am still really liking mine. I have only gigged with it once or twice (both of my current bands' members seems to be having trouble making themselves available for gigs this summer. :p ), but the acoustic sounds are great and the "electric" settings are decent. It plays very well, like a nice half-way point between an acoustic and a tele. Neck is great. Fantastic fit and finish on it. I foresee holding on to mine for quite a while. for my current bands its not my main guitar, but having it to fill in on acoustic numbers (in place of my Variax) is great and for the occasional solo/duo acoustic(ish) gig, it's perfect.
I've been interested these as well. I have Taylor T5z and it has it's own vibe and I try to augment that with acoustic IR's, but usually I end up going with my Yamaha A5r Dreadnaught instead. I have JTV69 Variax but I've never used it for acoustic at shows, only at home.

eoengineer

Silver Supporting Member
Had a pleasant surprise last night at rehearsal. I went to tune via my HXFX and was greeted with the strobe tuner. Very cool! My bass player caught it too and was pretty floored.

phil_m

How did this get here? I'm not good at computer.
Gold Supporting Member
Had a pleasant surprise last night at rehearsal. I went to tune via my HXFX and was greeted with the strobe tuner. Very cool! My bass player caught it too and was pretty floored.
That was actually came along with the 2.70 update... Better late than never!

Digital Igloo

How about a generic registering of which speaker model is currently being commanded by Helix on the PC display for 2.81?
PC+'s home screen shows the current preset's name, not its speaker model; the presets just happen to be named after the local speaker type. If you like, name the preset "Helix Remote" instead and press the encoder and you'll see the speaker model change from its edit screen. Or ignore the PC+ screen altogether.

Trending Topics