Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

It’s a Mac thing... Not saying I understand what all this means, but it has to do with this: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/hardened_runtime_entitlements

2pods likes this.
  2. gumtown

gumtown Member

I just noticed my Audio drivers are different/fixed as previously on FW2.80 I only had Windows WDM driver saying "HX Stomp",
    now on FW2.81 I have WDM and ASIO saying "Helix LT".

Yay !!

3. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

Is it just me or do the amps sound better in 2.81 than they did in 2.80? :roll

4. gumtown

gumtown Member

Yes, you can now get the Authentic sound of a "Gorilla Amp" (TM) (C) .

FlyingsCool, Sleezy E and MojoRisin like this.
  5. Sleezy E

Sleezy E Member

Still no Pig Nose :cry:

FlyingsCool and MojoRisin like this.
  6. _pete_

_pete_ Supporting Member

The IT Crowd was one of my favorite shows ever!!

7. the swede

the swede Member

• In rare cases, the Dynamics > LA Studio Comp model can sometimes cause a drop in preset volume.
    The La comp has always been like this, at least since i started using Helix, litle more than a year ago.
    Rare and Sometimes is a relative term :D
    When i am doing recording, the La comp is always last in chain, in every preset. The problem becomes obvious as its triggered by changing presets. Keep on clicking the preset in Edit or pressing the current preset switch until its at correct level again. I rarely change presets while actually recording so its not a big issue. But its annoying :D

I suspect the problem triggers easier If theres any signal coming from the guitar the moment the preset is selected or changed.

8. tochiro

tochiro Member

In Helix 2.81 I read that 3 OSC Synth, 3 Note Generator, and 4 OSC Generator are louder than in 2.71. As I use those generators how much louder is it? Is it rare or common?

9. burningyen

burningyen Member

I was wondering the same thing. I can’t afford to mess with my synth blocks before my 8/31 gig.

10. Lele

Lele Member

I suppose that it is not an anomaly but in other words Line6 increased the volume of the synth generators and now we will have to reduce the loudness of the synth block in our patches. If I'm not mistaken I already noted this in the 2.80 firmware before downgrading to 2.71 because of the bugs (wrong synth frequencies and IR change cross-fading with snapshots). However, since I have some patches with the synth blocks, and next Friday I have a gig, I will update my Helix to 2.81 only later on.

11. guitarsan

guitarsan Member

Well, we whined enough about no Friedman that they finally gave us the "Placater". (get it?) So maybe there's still hope for them releasing an "Oink You" amp model soon. ;)

Hush, donnievaz, kdm1218 and 2 others like this.
  12. Chris-7777

Chris-7777 Member

I might have missed this, but did someone upload the new factory presets as a setlist file somewhere?

13. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

Installation of 2.81 to Stomp (2.80 had already been installed) took less than 5 mins including Backup and Restore of Presets; went smooth as silk.

Next, to the Helix Floor...

14. SMT

SMT Supporting Member

I'm on 2.71 Helix LT, starting the new updates, I'm installing 2.80 and its been almost an hour still at 50% updating. Is it stuck?

I've been updating my LT for a year now with no problems. Windows 7. Followed instructions.

I don't know what to do, do i let it continue trying to install or turn it off in the middle of installation which it says not to.

Help

the update wheel is still spinning....slider update bar hasnt moved in half an hour....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  15. aruark1

aruark1 Member

16. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

At this point in the installation, you need to click the Continue Button which may be appearing on a Windows Modal Dialog Window -- not currently in focus on your display (i.e it may be behind your currently displayed Installation dialog). Use your OS to display all of your currently active windows. If that does not resolve the issue. Shut down and redo the entire process.

rednoise, Dan Desy and SMT like this.
  17. BjarneDa

BjarneDa Member

I tried to do backup of previous save backup file from 2.7 or 2.71 that have been restored on 2.81 and also done a 10&11 FS reset and i get this error message after some time when backup.

Any solution other than save every preset or setlist and IR and start all over again?

18. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

Ugh. I'd at least try again, maybe with a restart in between.

I'm no help on your actual problem, but just reminding you that if you save your IRs individually, they won't come back in order, unless you already have them named with a slot number prefix, i.e., 015 MarCB, with no empty slots, sort the file system listing, and drag-drop them into HX Edit.

19. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

Uh, I missed that line. I have a couple of presets with them too. Thanks for asking, then :)

20. rmg471

rmg471 Supporting Member

@Frank Ritchotte do you know if the modeling technology used on the 2.8 amps is the same (or better) than on the initial release amps?