Helix 2.8?

Lele

Supporting Member
Have these bugs been confirmed?
As far as I know, it's only my post about it. Lately I haven't used my Helix any longer (busy for work and family) so I haven't had any moment to examine this problem a little more and to show what happens in some patches.
I will be glad to learn if there is a mistake or non-orthodox data in my presets.
The main and obvious thing I noted is that when I have a snapshot turning off the synth, the synth sound keeps on going on for a little more instead of stopping immediately as it happens with 2.71.

tycobb73

Supporting Member
Hey guys. I upgraded to 2.8 but noticed at the very least the shelf eq isn't there. Can someone tell me how to fix that.

rd2rk

Hey guys. I upgraded to 2.8 but noticed at the very least the shelf eq isn't there. Can someone tell me how to fix that.
Download HX Edit v2.82.
Installing HX Edit installs all the drivers and the requisite version of L6 Updater.
Run L6 Updater to bring the hardware up to v2.82.

tycobb73

Supporting Member
Download HX Edit v2.82.
Installing HX Edit installs all the drivers and the requisite version of L6 Updater.
Run L6 Updater to bring the hardware up to v2.82.
It says I'm running 2.82 but the shelf eq still isn't there.

rd2rk

What says you're on v2.82, Helix or HX Edit, or both?
If HX Edit doesn't say 2.82, you didn't do it right.

tycobb73

Supporting Member
I know I had the dhyna drive because I compared it to my actual zen. Could here a little difference but decided close enough in live setting. Now that's gone too.

burningyen

The main and obvious thing I noted is that when I have a snapshot turning off the synth, the synth sound keeps on going on for a little more instead of stopping immediately as it happens with 2.71.
Just had my 1st rehearsal since updating to 2.8.2 from 2.7.1 and can confirm that the update caused bugs in my synth blocks. My attack and decay settings were way longer than I originally programmed them, and when I pressed a footswitch set to momentarily turn synth blocks on, the bypass states of the blocks strangely inverted, so instead of normally off they became normally on. I was able to retweak and save everything, and it all seems to work normally for now. Losing my saved parameters isn't a huge deal, but the bypass state inversion is worrying enough that I'll probably go back to 2.7.1 for my next gig.

Lele

Supporting Member
Just had my 1st rehearsal since updating to 2.8.2 from 2.7.1 and can confirm that the update caused bugs in my synth blocks
So... I'm not crazy and not the only one
Well, I haven't reinstalled the 2.82 firmware after finding out the "bug" (or "strange behavior") of the very long decay of synth fx blocks when you turn them off, and unfortunately Line6 haven't said anything about it @Frank Ritchotte.
Therefore I simply went back to 2.71 and never looked back; what's more now I have a new toy (Variax) so I dedicate my little time to it, instead of trying to understand how I could readjust the synth parameters to make the sound stop immediately when I turn off the fx block (if if is ever possible with 2.82 firmware! ).
It's clear that the users of Helix synth fx are really few, since nobody else noted this problem. I just hope that anyway Line6 will keep on developing the Helix synth side too in the future in spite of the few users interested in it.

burningyen

Another rehearsal and more bugs to report:

-I can confirm that the update seems to have undone some of my settings where I assigned a footswitch to momentarily turn a synth block on (default state off). They were changed to latching. I’m also getting a bug where if I set it back to momentary and hit the footswitch when the block is off, it turns the block on but then leaves it on, and now the switch momentarily turns it off (default state on).

-The update also seems to have erased my Variax settings. I had my Helix set to change Variax settings Per Preset, and one preset used a footswitch to change tunings, but all of that was undone (Global, no Custom tuning, and no string pitch assignments).

burningyen

Another Variax-related bug:

-This morning when I tried to enter a stompshot assignment to toggle between 2 different Variax models, on the Helix screen the little parameter indicator bars moved as expected as I turned the knobs, but the model names listed above those bars weren't correct and the two names often appeared stuck on the same model name even though the indicator bars confirmed that two different models were selected. Not sure if this is relevant, but at the time I had the Helix connected to my Macbook running both HX Edit and Workbench HD. Everything was the latest version.

Trending Topics