Helix 2.8?

bdrepko

Supporting Member
My impression has been that high gain players spend the most time with IRs? I’m mainly low gain but I do use the heavy side of the broadcast for some nice fuzzy stuff
Well, I play in an 80's arena rock band. Maybe I just got lucky and found the right ones early.

This. There’s SO many options between stock cabs and mic combinations plus placement options. I have a bunch of IRs but usually can make my stuff sound the same with some fiddling of the stock cans.
Not sure which IRs you are using, but you cannot come close to Ownhammer or Redwirez greenbacks with any combination of the stock cabs and mics. They are a world apart.

Cheers
TRJB

AZguitar

Silver Supporting Member
AND the ability to use amp and cab combinations in a simple UI is SO easy. Choose your flavor for the tone you want and off you go.

Mark Al

This. There’s SO many options between stock cabs and mic combinations plus placement options. I have a bunch of IRs but usually can make my stuff sound the same with some fiddling of the stock cans.
Indeed :) The High/Low cuts in the cab block responds very differently than the one from EQ block. It's way more subtle in the cab block, don't be afraid to adjust that a lot more aggressively than you typically think you would. don't be fooled/biased by your eyes, let your ear be the only guide.

For some patches, I have high cuts adjusted down to 3.0 ~ 4.0 Khz and it sounds awesome, especially when the volume is turned up.

Mark Al

Not sure which IRs you are using, but you cannot come close to Ownhammer or Redwirez greenbacks with any combination of the stock cabs and mics. They are a world apart.
That's far from being true, in my experience. I have tried matching OH IRs via stock cabs many times. I could get very close. Not only that, every time when I thought I found a great IR from OH, I was able to dial a stock cab to match and better it in the end.

Dan Desy

I don’t have much experience with IRs, and for a good reason. Personally, I’ve almost never heard an IR that was even close to a stick cab. Must be something wrong with my ears.

Vildhjarta8

Without reading 66 pages of this...when is 2.8 supposed to be out?
Short answer: "Spring 2019".

Longer answer: Line 6 announced 2.80 at NAMM, with an hopeful date of Spring 2019. It's a pretty involved update with lots of 'under the hood' changes. At present, we know the update is with beta testers (as of a few days ago), but we have no way of know if they'll find any horrible bugs. Whether they do or they don't, we also don't know what the time is between the beta and actual release. So, the answer is soonish if we have fair sailing, and then maybe a touch longer if there's stuff that needs squashing.

Trending Topics