Helix 2.8?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JHand, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Tito83

Tito83 Member

I agree with a every word.

There's the side that's getting a bit anxious about the new firmware and are asking about it, and the other one who seem to be angry at them because they sound entitled in someway. All I'm addressing is this situation, just suggested a different approach to deal with it. I'm not saying Line6 should work faster or do more, nothing like that.

BoogieZilla and mikah912 like this.
  2. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

Depends on the impedance of the sink, obviously!

Now you guys, cut it out. What are you all proving? Absolutely nothing. And everybody else is just excited about 2.8.

3. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

I guess you could say it all started when I was a young boy. My parents had just taken me to the theater, and as we were walking back to the car, we were approached by a strange man wearing red and green plaid. He screamed something about needing money to fight the polychromacy. When my father refused, he shot them both down and ran off. I was left an orphan in the care of our butler...

4. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member

Now you have the blues

5. partytrain

partytrain Supporting Member

So basically we have the top 3 modeling platforms (not including Kemper since I feel like a profiler is a different category.). When you say frequent updates are expected, you are thinking about Fractal, because Line 6 and Atomic are much slower. But if you were to compare the content of the updates themselves, you’d find that they are all very similar. For instance, Line 6 is working on an update that has a handful of new amps, and completely revamps the software. That’s a major update. The last Atomic update added some amps and revamped their entire modeling algorithm, again major update. Fractal’s almost weekly updates? “Updated default value for bright cap on 5e3 model” etc. It was pointed out earlier in the thread that line 6 has actually added more than fractal over the last year. So raw numbers or frequency of the updates doesn’t come close to telling the story.

Johnny Ninefingers and Aquinas like this.
  6. bdrepko

bdrepko Member

Will 3.0 release have sharks with frickin laser beams?

Guitardave, Imerkat and thebeebs like this.
  7. FPFL

FPFL Member

Fractal could stop adding amps now and it would take several years for Line6 to catch up at current rates.
    They are that far "ahead", no of that mention though.

Understand, this whole comparison is silly nonsense to me; my two platforms of choice are Helix Floor and Fractal AFIII so I'm not looking for a 'winner' in either case.
    I just don't get poking at another platform b/c your fav is probably going to be late vs expectations with a small update.

We are all spoiled. We live in amazing times. Both companies do great stuff.

Johnny Ninefingers and 9fingers like this.
  8. Darkness

Darkness Member

You win. Well played sir.

9. mikah912

mikah912 Member

I'm not poking at Fractal when I mentioned the factual disparity of recent amps added. Not at all. Just like you're not when you mention that Fractal has hundreds of amps that Line 6 won't catch up to. It's just factual context.

I can't wait for the FM3 to drop, and I'm sure a Line 6 cat or two will get one too.

10. cjm254

cjm254 Member

Scroll...

Scroll...

Scroll...

Pause, read post from @Digital Igloo.

Scroll...

Scroll...

11. patriciogac

patriciogac Member

...So the 2.8 beta is strong enough to pass a gig test!... are we close!?

12. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

Must be, but still no candidate, so there's still some way to go, I guess. :)

13. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

With all the hand ringing over this release you'd think all these Helix units quit working.

14. WiresDream

WiresDream Member

I've been on holiday in Japan so haven't had a chance to checkout the 2.8 beta yet, but the release notes are impressive. Everyone's seen them already, but I've been a bit out of the loop on account of building my singles board back up recently!!

15. josetxu

josetxu Member

I'm really waiting for the 2.8 update. King of tone is one of my favourite, if not my favourite overdrive pedals and the two tweed style amps are a great addition. But I'm seeing some rude positions here and don't think Line 6 staff like @Digital Igloo or @Frank Ritchotte deserve it.

Mad-kiwi, Zakor and PDKTDK like this.
  16. the swede

the swede Member

Click Search. Type in Posted by member.
    Digital Iglo, Frank Ritchotte.... and sometimes Paul gets to be searched.
    Click ”search this thread only”

Done.

kdm1218 likes this.
  17. Slapshot1977

Slapshot1977 Member

I come into this thread just for the laughs. People get worked up over the most ridiculous stuff. I love my Stomp already. This new update would just make it cooler to me. I'm fine whenever the update comes.

LordByron, Broken Diode and Jugghaid like this.
  18. Jugghaid

Jugghaid Member

19. Blue Fin

Blue Fin Member

No...but it's nuts.

Jugghaid, BozoTone and Dave Merrill like this.
  20. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member