Helix 2.9?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Zakor, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BjarneDa

BjarneDa Member

He say that every year and many times

willy_907 likes this.
  2. gtr37

gtr37 Member

I don’t think 2.9 is going to be huge
    Probably Revv clean and purple channels
    An effect or 2
    Maybe they will let their pitch shift guys from Digitech
    Give a preview of what thet can do w a drop tune
    Effect and updated whammy

3.0 will be the big 1 announced at namm

PBGas and Alex Kenivel like this.
  3. xcc

xcc Member

Absolutely, but allowing an internal LFO expression control would open up some amazing possibilities that would make me pass out if I tried to do it with my foot. Like a wah/tremolo hybrid, or effects like the Shallow Water or Generation Loss if it had random waveforms.

gumtown likes this.
  4. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I’d hope the two options aren’t mutually exclusive

Yvemar and LordByron like this.
  5. xcc

xcc Member

I don’t see why they’d have to be.

6. tochiro

tochiro Member

Polyphonic pitch shifting is what's really missing for me.

7. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

If they’d clean up ideas that have been implemented or combine when there’s a lot of the same basic idea that would help. It’s awful hard to use the IdeaScale on mobile, IMO.

Elric and xcc like this.
  8. xcc

xcc Member

For sure. I had to hunt for a while to find that one, and I’m pretty sure there were several like it the last I looked. It’s tricky since there are so many ways to say the same thing.

kdm1218 likes this.
  9. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

That's kind of the way I feel. There's so many thousands of random entries that it's kind of unwieldy to go through them all and figure out if something has already been entered. To see them all you have to either hit it spot on with a search or keep scrolling down forever to see the next group. I'd much rather it be a basic grid view so you could see the titles for more of them at once and be able to page through them like a normal pager control where you can go next/previous, first page, last page, jump to page X, etc.

Alas... Ideascale is just some cloud service that Line 6 is using, so they likely have zero control over how the pages are implemented.

Elric, Zakor and kdm1218 like this.
  10. Elric

Elric Member

Ideascale is a mess, IMHO.

It's cool that there is some recourse for users with ideas, so it is better than nothing and it is looked at but it still feels like a shot in the dark when you put something up or vote something up. So much stuff is the same idea only kind a different, etc. Or there is no clear indicator what L6 considers compelling, etc.

You get this feeling like it is sort of a bit bucket in its current state. As moderators of the site, you would think L6 would be able to clean it up and curate things a bit even if they are not the devs of the Ideascale system, etc.

We should put in an Ideascale to replace Ideascale.

Lution, Droopy_TX, Zakor and 4 others like this.
  11. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I think I actually saw that once on there

Zakor and Elric like this.
  12. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

Your idea is in review...

13. Kylote

Kylote Member

I perused Ideascale when I first got my Helix LT but I don't think I've gone back since. I've come to the conclusion that Line 6 probably knows what I want more than I do... that said, I'm on board for polyphonic effects :D

tochiro, burningyen, Lele and 3 others like this.
  14. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

The ones I really want are just basic utilitarian things. Input/output metering and perhaps some kind of clipping indicator and I’m good. Shoot, I don’t know what half the effects it already has are good for. :messedup

Broken Diode and kdm1218 like this.
  15. lemond

lemond Member

I know it probably won't happen, but 8 blocks for the HX Stomp would be pretty sick. Input and Output level monitoring would be perfect, even if it's just in HX Edit (they have it in Native, it should be possible right? :p)

More reverbs and delays would be nice. Recently got an EQD Avalanche Run and I can get close on the Stomp, but doesn't quite get as airy :|

kdm1218 and Broken Diode like this.
  16. Lele

Lele Member

While I long for polyphonic pitch shifting and polyphonic synth tones, I'd content with an effect like Digitech FreqOut and a handful of far field impulse responses, maybe developed with Mr Jay Mitchell (I'd even buy a IR pack in this case if it were available).

What I'd like to see anyway is an updated firmware that is almost bug-free... and even more I'd demand a detailed Helix manual showing each parameter of any effect/amp block with examples and tips.

As to the manual, for now the best thing I have found is the old Helix help website that had several useful tips at least about the amps. Unfortunately the newer and more complete version of Helix Help lost come interesting contents of the old pages. And anyway this information cover only some amps and not the other effect blocks (except for brief information and some links to some official manuals of the original effects).
    If Line6 started from this basis to build a complete manual, I'd be very happy.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    tochiro likes this.
  17. josetxu

josetxu Member

We'll, there some things I would love to see in the Helix, probably the most important more control over some parameters. I would love to control the waveform of Vintage digital delay's modulation (triangle, sine, etc...) and the low/high cuts (better to have does parameters on all delays). Also would be great to be able to control the slop of the low/high cuts on the IR/cab (I hate to use a block just to do it). Of course better reverbs and "drop" type effect would be great.

18. Zakor

Zakor Supporting Member

I'm dreaming polyphonic Christmas
    Unlike the ones I used to know
    Where the whole chords glisten and children listen
    To hear notes high and way down low.

On a scale of 1-10, how likely is it that this will drop this year?

tochiro, Sleezy E and kdm1218 like this.
  19. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu Member

Pretty much all companies say this.

20. mbenigni

mbenigni Member

That sounds huge.

MIJLOVER likes this.