Helix 3.1?

Zakor

Silver Supporting Member
Damn, you put your foot in it. I bet a Helix 3.1 thread will be up before the close of business...
Haha! Of course! ...couldn't resist.

It sounds like 3.1 may be a summer 2021 sort of thing. Don't even know what to hope for in a 3.1 release?

a 3.10 announcement at virtual NAMM is... ambitious, especially given the other boxes we have to finish.
Boxes as in "I had better start saving up so I can buy a new box to update with 3.1" boxes?

MIJLOVER

Haha! Of course! ...couldn't resist.

It sounds like 3.1 may be a summer 2021 sort of thing. Don't even know what to hope for in a 3.1 release?

Boxes as in "I had better start saving up so I can buy a new box to update with 3.1" boxes?
As I understood it from DI, Line 6 will begin working on the modeling engine itself. What that exactly means, remains to be seen. But they couldn't squeeze it in now, since they will have to make sure the models won't be more DSP intensive. Exiting times. I'm already quite pleased with Helix but appreciate that Line 6 keep bringing future improvements and content :)

LaXu

We don't even know what exactly is in 3.0 yet but if a man can dream:
  • Improved basic reverbs.
  • Improved cab block.
  • Tuner that combines both strobe and needle tuners for convenience. Sometimes you want the strobe accuracy, sometimes less is fine so having both at the same time is the way to go.
  • Graphic EQ on/off switch for the Mesa Mark IV sims. I know I can just use the Cali EQ block for that but this would be more convenient to test settings.
  • Better IR selector maybe with some tagging or grouping options.
  • Separate line/instrument level setting for fx loop send and receive I/O instead of the current "one level per loop". Don't know if this is a hardware limitation tho.
  • EQ curve plots for visual aid in EQ blocks.
  • Impedance curve selectable ala Axe-Fx 3.
  • Bright switch options for any amp model. In case you want it or not.
  • Favorite block sets. E.g I could build a Belle Epoch Deluxe out of a Kinky Boost and Transistor Tape block, save it as a favorite and add those two blocks to any preset easily.

Goo Fighters

I would love a built in basic metronome for practice. If there were a way to export a loop onto your computer, that would be cool. Or even have the looper not take up a block. Also, I'd like to be able to edit IR names right on the Stomp.

Trending Topics