• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Helix 3.1?

MIJLOVER

3.10 went into beta yesterday, but everyone's under strict NDA, so they can't talk about it.

Again—not nearly as big as 3.0, but it's still really cool.
Great work, kudos to the team!

Not all the updates have to be as massive as the 3.0. With every single update you've released, I've started using stuff I didn't even knew wanted :)

BjarneDa

But then again... dry cold below -10c is often not as bad as moist cold between -5 and +5 C. Thats nasty... you tend to freeze your ass off when its like that.

(Add 32 for Farenheit... i think)
I disagree i am born in Töre between Luleå and Kalix and i moved to Malmberget 1973 its located above the artic circle so we have true midnight sun.

Up there we rarely have moist cold mostly dry cold especially in Malmberget in Töre we could get moist cold before bottenviken is coverd with ice.

I moved to Sthlm in early 80,s and i also lived in some small citys in "Södermanland" Katrineholm,Mariefred,Strängnäs

I moved back to to Malmberget in 1993

I say its the clothes as you tend to put on the wrong clothes when you see it's only say -3 on the
thermometer so you dont put on long underwear or a beanie (hmm forget that all young kids today wear a beanie even indoors) or gloves or a wool sweather or really warm winter jacket or the most important part warm winter shoes.

When i moved back to Malmberget in 1993 i had to buy new winter clothes as those i used in Sthlm and Södermanland didnt work i would have frozen to death in those clothes.

Last edited:

the swede

I disagree i am born in Töre between Luleå and Kalix and i moved to Malmberget 1973 its located above the artic circle so we have true midnight sun.

Up there we rarely have moist cold mostly dry cold especially in Malmberget in Töre we could get moist cold before bottenviken is coverd with ice.

I moved to Sthlm in early 80,s and i also lived in some small citys in "Södermanland" Katrineholm,Mariefred,Strängnäs

I moved back to to Malmberget in 1993

I say its the clothes as you tend to put on the wrong clothes when you see it's only say -3 on the
thermometer so you dont put on long underwear or a beanie (hmm forget that all young kids today wear a beanie even indoors) or gloves or a wool sweather or really warm winter jacket or the most important part warm winter shoes.

When i moved back to Malmberget in 1993 i had to buy new winter clothes as those i used in Sthlm and Södermanland didnt work i would have frozen to death in those clothes.
Yes, thats probably the case for most people. I tend to overdress all the way through spring, at work they make fun of me because i wear underpants longer than most people. Im in and out in my car and peoples houses (VVS tech). Haha, so often Im just right dressed in the morning and during the day i need to get those underpants and socks off.

i still feel better about dry cold than moist cold :D
Yup. There‘s no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothes.
In swedish thats funny because it rimes.
Dåligt väder (bad weather)
Dåliga kläder (bad clothes)

:)

weather and clothes... and 3.1
Thats us standing there, and then comes Line 6 plow

Last edited:

tochiro

The Helix 63 Spring does not sound at all like the real thing or SA True Spring, whatever you do with it and I wish there were a far more realistic spring reverb in the Helix. I could use it!

On another level, I do not understand why L6 prohibits revealing the content of a release in advance. What's the reasoning here?

James Freeman

On another level, I do not understand why L6 prohibits revealing the content of a release in advance. What's the reasoning here?
Companies are inclined to "steal thunder" by modeling the same things/ideas before the firmware release, if it was teased/leaked in advance for long enough.
Not strictly speaking about Line 6, Fractal, Kemper, QC, every company does this.

Rewolf

Perhaps, because of agile development, the final content is not known until the release is cut. If something isn’t going to work it can be deferred.

Or perhaps they enjoy reading threads like this one

the swede

Perhaps, because of agile development, the final content is not known until the release is cut. If something isn’t going to work it can be deferred.

Or perhaps they enjoy reading threads like this one
oh they love it. Just "out" a hint of something to get threads (and us) going. Its a win win. They need and want our opinions in a way that is market relevant. They'd sort out most of the bs and wining from the actual smart suggestions and ideas we have. (yes... I think high of us :))
Theres probably an intricate balance there to, what to hint and what to not hint and so on.

LaXu

This is really how it works. There may be some features that are marked as goals to have in this release and then there's a lot of other stuff that may or may not make in. Then you have considerations like making sure that you don't break existing stuff which is why the testing and bug fix phases can stretch the time it takes to release something.

With software development all timelines are estimates and best guesses. They may run over because the problem was more complex than it seemed on the surface or it may be a 15 minute fix leaving more time to focus on other things. More often than not it is unfortunately the former.

firehawkkwah

3.10 went into beta yesterday, but everyone's under strict NDA, so they can't talk about it.

Again—not nearly as big as 3.0, but it's still really cool.
I don't know, man. I mean, I don't even have a good handle on all the 3.0 stuff.
I have only barely played with poly, the princess, and horizon. There was other stuff, too, right?
Geez, give a guy a chance to breathe!

Mooselake

I'd say it is both things. We've heard about things that didn't quite make the cut for a release in the past (e.g., some of the engine updates we're expecting in 3.1) and I suspect there is also a desire to avoid tipping their hand to the competition for things that might be somewhat innovative or unique.

craigrusse11

I’m not in the beta test..
I had another thought for the what the maths based delay might be; it might be a “bouncing ball” delay. A delay where the repeats are based on the maths of a bouncing ball and get closer and quieter as time passes. Depending on options provided, they could allow for reverse and other features to spice the basic algorithm up.

melodiusthunk

Bronzd & Supported Member
Gold Supporting Member
According to Ludwig 3.14 is:

"The propositional sign consists in the fact that its elements, the words, are combined in it in a definite way.
The propositional sign is a fact." (C.K. Ogden's translation.)

But will we get to "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."?

Helix v 7 will be a real doozy.
... or Pi, rounded to 2 digits...

Digital Igloo

The Helix 63 Spring does not sound at all like the real thing or SA True Spring, whatever you do with it and I wish there were a far more realistic spring reverb in the Helix. I could use it!
It works best between Amp and Cab blocks.
Yamaha is publicly traded, so revenue recognition applies.

That and one or two copycats have been getting pretty brazen lately (including lifting full paragraphs from our Owner's Manual). If the world insists on creating another Uli B€#$%@&®, that doesn't mean we need to help the situation.